Subject: [Extra] Last Call: <draft-ietf-extra-sieve-special-use-04.txt> (Sieve Email Filtering: Delivering to Special-Use Mailboxes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 06:11:41 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Email mailstore and eXtensions To
Revise or Amend WG (extra) to consider the following document: - 'Sieve Email
Filtering: Delivering to Special-Use Mailboxes'
  <draft-ietf-extra-sieve-special-use-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The SPECIAL-USE capability of the IMAP protocol (RFC 6154) allows
   clients to identify special-use mailboxes; e.g., where draft or sent
   messages should be put.  This simplifies client configuration.  In
   contrast, the Sieve mail filtering language (RFC 5228) currently has
   no such capability.  This memo defines a Sieve extension that fills
   this gap: it adds a test for checking whether a special-use attribute
   is assigned for a particular mailbox or any mailbox, and it adds the
   ability to file messages into an anonymous mailbox that has a
   particular special-use attribute assigned.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-sieve-special-use/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-sieve-special-use/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.