Subject: Re: [Extra] AD review of draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc-06.txt

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 21:31:00 +0000

Hi Ken,

So in -07, I now see:

3.1.1.  Imap4flags Extension

    Usage: :fcc <mailbox: string> [:flags <list-of-flags: string-list>]

3.1.2.  Mailbox Extension

    Usage: :fcc <mailbox: string> [:create]

3.1.3.  Special-Use Extension

   Usage: :fcc <mailbox: string> [:specialuse <special-use-flag: string>]

Is your intention that :fcc always goes first? If not, you might want to 
clarify that.

3.2.  Collected Grammar

    For convenience, the "FCC" syntax element is defined here using ABNF
    [RFC5234] so that it can be augmented by other extensions.

    FCC         = ":fcc" string *FCC-OPTS

I am somewhat uncomfortable with the above, as it omits all whitespace 
delimiters between tokens. If you are going to keep this, you should add 
a comment explaining that this is done once lexical analyzer extracted 
different non-space elements.

Best Regards,

Alexey

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 18:15:20 -0500

On 12/3/18 4:31 PM, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
> Is your intention that :fcc always goes first? 

No.

> If not, you might want to clarify that.

Ad will add text to that effect.

> delimiters between tokens. If you are going to keep this, you should 
> add a comment explaining that this is done once lexical analyzer 
> extracted different non-space elements.

How about:

FCC = ":fcc" string *(white-space FCC-OPTS)

Or would you prefer that I use text similar to what is in Section 8.2 of 
RFC5228:

"The following is the grammar of Sieve after it has been lexically
    interpreted.  No whitespace or comments appear below."

-- 
Ken Murchison
Cyrus Development Team
FastMail US LLC

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 11:21:34 +0000

> Ad will add text to that effect.

Great.

>> I am somewhat uncomfortable with the above, as it omits all 
>> whitespace delimiters between tokens. If you are going to keep this, 
>> you should add a comment explaining that this is done once lexical 
>> analyzer extracted different non-space elements.
>
>
> How about:
>
You also need white-space after ":fcc". And in 2 other productions in 
the same section.
>
> Or would you prefer that I use text similar to what is in Section 8.2 
> of RFC5228:
>

I think this would be the easiest way to address my concern.

Thank you,

Alexey