Subject: Re: Fax Content

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:37:18 +0100

>Claudio,
>some two years ago you help 
>us with an opinion on the use of certain characters in an RFC822 address.  
>We subsequent worked with our supplier to implement an email to fax solution 
>based on the addressing schema in RFC 2304; this has been highly successful 
>and is working well today.

Good to hear that. Is this implementaion an internal system only, or
something that can be referred as "an implementation" of RFC2304? In fact
RFC2304 is being now approved as Draft Stadard, as there are also other
implementation using it. In case, just drop me a refernce for it, thus we
can add it to the eixisting implementaion list. 

>Our business has moved on 
>and we are facing a requirement to allow data to be sent to a faxing service 
>which would produce, for example, a Purchase Order.  We have been told that 
>there is a standard language called Fax Control Language which meets the 
>requirement.  Neither Roger Johnson in the US nor I have heard of this and 
>wondered if you had heard of it and whether it was a 
>'standard'

Actually I never heard of it, too, but I turn the question to the ietf FAX
working group, which might know more about it and give you the right
answer. 

Dear Fax folks, do you have any information for our friends?

Regards,
Claudio Allocchio
 
>Many 
>Thanks
 
>Roger Chapman
>Supervisor, Collaborative 
>Applications
>Ford Systems Integration 
>Center
>Information Technology and 
>eBusiness
>Ford Motor 
>Company

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                        Project Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

     PGP Key: http://security.fi.infn.it/cgi-bin/spgpk.pl?KeyId=0C5C2A09