Subject: FW: IFX> IPP FAX telecon, Fri, June 29, 12-2 PDT (3-5 EDT); Revie w IFX spe c

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:17:15 -0700

Hi folks,

In response to recent comments on IPP versus SMTP for Terminal Mode:

FYI - The IPP Fax spec is shaping up rapidly.  The UIF spec (further
constraints plus some higher resolutions on the base six TIFF-FX
profiles) is also in good shape.

We'd be very please to have any of the Internet Fax folks join us
this afternoon on the IFX spec review telecon.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Sharp and Xerox
  High North Inc

PS - Please note that IPP Fax is an IEEE ISTO PWG work-in-progress
and is NOT being developed under an IETF charter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hastings, Tom N [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 6:54 PM
To: IPP FAX DL (E-mail)
Cc: McIntyre, Lloyd; Buckley, Robert R
Subject: IFX> IPP FAX telecon, Fri, June 29, 12-2 PDT (3-5 EDT); Review
IFX spe c

We finished review of the UIF spec on Wednesday, June 27, but didn't start
the IFX spec.

So the participants (Gail, Bill, Ira, John, Tom, Marty Joel, Lloyd McIntyre)
agreed to review the IFX spec tomorrow:

Time:  Friday, June 29, 12-2 PDT (3-5 EDT)
Phone: (712) 271-3647 (Xerox folks: 8*534-6413)
Passcode: 74584#

The IFX spec is at:

<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/ifx-spec-05-rev.doc>
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/ifx-spec-05-rev.pdf> 
clean: 
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/ifx-spec-05.doc>
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/ifx-spec-05.pdf> 

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Hastings, Tom N [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 11:19
To: IPP FAX DL (E-mail)
Cc: McIntyre, Lloyd; Buckley, Robert R
Subject: IFX> IPP FAX telecon agenda, Wed, June 27, 10-12 PDT (1-3 EDT)

The IPP FAX telecon that we scheduled at the May 30 telecon is coming up in
a week.  We think that the two IPP FAX document are pretty close to being
finished.  If you haven't read them recently, this would be a good time.  We
are ready for PWG Last Call on them. We will decide at next week's telecon,
whether to start PWG Last Call (ending after the August 1 Toronto meeting)
or wait for the Toronto meeting to decide to start the PWG Last Call.

John has posted and announced the UIF spec yesterday and I'll post and
announce the IFX spec later today or tomorrow at the URLs indicated below.

Here is the dial-in information:

Time:     Wednesday, June 27, 2001 10:00 - 12:00 PST (1:00 - 3:00 EST)
Phone:    1-712-271-0568 (8*534-6413 for Xerox folks)
Passcode: 52863#

The agenda is:

1. Review John Pulera's updated UIF spec with changes highlighted: 
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/uif-spec-05-edit.doc> 
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/uif-spec-05-edit.pdf> 
clean: 
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/uif-spec-05.doc> 
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/uif-spec-05.pdf> 

2. Review the updated IFX spec (its, not there yet, so I'll post in a day or
so and announce).  

<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/ifx-spec-05-rev.doc>
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/ifx-spec-05-rev.pdf> 
clean: 
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/ifx-spec-05.doc>
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/ifx-spec-05.pdf> 

3. Are the documents ready to start PWG Last Call?

Should we start PWG Last Call on the documents (ending at the end of the
Toronto August 1 meeting) or wait for the Toronto meeting to decide to start
the PWG Last Call?

4. Next meeting and/or telecon

Unless we can't finish reviewing the two documents in the two hours, no
further telecons before the PWG meeting are planned.  The next face-to-face
IPP FAX WG meeting will be in Toronto, Wednesday, August 1, after the PWG
plenary.  

Thanks,
Tom

P.S.  If you want to refresh your memory on what we agreed to at the two
previous telecons (May 30 and June 6) see the mail messages on 6/1/01 and
6/6/01, respectively.

If you want to refresh your memory on what we agreed on in Portland,
April 25, the IPP FAX minutes are available at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/minutes/IPPFAX-0104-minutes.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/minutes/IPPFAX-0104-minutes.doc

-----Original Message-----
From: John Pulera [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 19:08
To: IPP-Fax Group
Subject: IFX> UIF spec has been updated: 'uif-spec-05'

I've updated the UIF spec to contain modifications made from the May 30
telecon.

with changes highlighted:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/uif-spec-05-edit.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/uif-spec-05-edit.pdf

clean:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/uif-spec-05.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/uif-spec-05.pdf

John Pulera

-----------------------------------------
John Pulera
Minolta Systems Laboratory
111 Innovation Dr. Ste 200
Irvine, CA 92612
[email-masked]
(949)737-4520 x348

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 10:50:29 -0400

>this afternoon on the IFX spec review telecon.

Thanks for the invitation.  Some dialogue could be helpful.

A little more notice, next time, would be quite helpful.

d/

----------
Dave Crocker  <mailto:[email-masked]>
Brandenburg InternetWorking  <http://www.brandenburg.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464