Subject: comments on tiff-fx & schema extension drafts

From: "John Pulera" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:10:51 -0700

I have reviewed the documents 'draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-Extension1-02.txt' and
'draft-McIntyre-Feature-Schema-Extension1-00.txt'.  Here are some comments
for both:

'draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-Extension1-02.txt'

Section E1.5.4:
    The document does not contain any recommended or required restrictions
on placement within the TIFF file of (i) the first Shared Data Table and
(ii) the Shared Data data blocks. Are the Shared Data data blocks allowed to
span the entire TIFF file? Or should all shared data tables and data blocks
appear within the TIFF file BEFORE any references to them are encountered in
a TIFF strip?

Section E1.6.1 Paragraph 2, Line (editorial)
     Change "Rational" to "Rationale"

Section E1.6.7 Rule #10
      This rule not clear. Section 1.4.8 of which document is referenced?

'draft-McIntyre-Feature-Schema-Extension1-00.txt'

Section 2.1.2 line 1 (editorial)
    Change "Nine new T88Options coding parameter feature" to "Nine new
T88Options coding parameter features"

Section 2.1.2 seventh bullet and throughout Appendixes A and B (editorial)
    Should 'T88Options-TextStipesMixed' be changed to
'T88Options-TextStripesMixed'

John Pulera

-----------------------------------------
John Pulera
Minolta Systems Laboratory
[email-masked]
(949)737-4520 x348

---

From: "McIntyre, Lloyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 18:44:07 -0700

John,
Thank you for your review and comments.
Please see our response below.

Lloyd
-----Original Message-----
From: John Pulera [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 8:11 PM
To: IETF - Internet FAX Group
Cc: Lloyd McIntyre
Subject: comments on tiff-fx & schema extension drafts

Section E1.5.4:

[LM] Thanks for pointing out this oversight. Our proposal is to inset the
following paragraph between paragraph 3 and the NOTE of Section E1.5.4:

   Shared Data Tables SHOULD be ordered in the file in the same order as
   their ordinal number. The file location of each Shared Data Table
   SHOULD precede all shared data blocks referenced by the Shared Data
   Entries that appear within that table. Additionally, the file
   location of each shared data block SHOULD precede that of the data
   stream that requires its inclusion (i.e. the reference data stream).

[LM] Done.

Section E1.6.7 Rule #10

[LM] The 3rd paragraph of the draft overview, Section E1.1.2, states:

"This document is an extension to RFC XXXX, as such it should be read
 in conjunction with RFC XXXX. Throughout this document, section
 number references without an "E1" prefix should be interpreted as
 [RFC XXXX] section references."

Is this adequate or is there a desire that some form of this statement
should be replicated throughout the document? 

[LM] Done.

[LM] Done.

John Pulera