Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-terminal-mode-goals-00.txt

From: "Terry Brookes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:18:08 -0400

Hi Dan,

pardon the probably dumb newbies question, but why can't the fax-terminal 
inside the firewall simply use POP to get the ifax from wherever its mailbox 
is, inside the firewall or outside ?

also

>Is the intent of the 'full mode' ifax to work only within an enterprise's
>internal network, or between enterprises that trust each other, or between
>enterprises that have a VPN set up between themselves?  If that's the 
>model,
>that's fine, too.  In fact, I could believe such a model would be more
>successful and more viable.
>

You just killed the market for it, thanks ;-) !

Terry

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:45:03 +0200

"Full-mode" requires an end-to-end connection to support all existing T.30
functions.  POP can't do that.  It would have to be SMTP end-to-end (from
transmitter to receiver).  This means POP wouldn't work.

-d

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Terry Brookes [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 2:18 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-terminal-mode-goals-00.txt
>
>
> Hi Dan,
>