Subject: Drafts TIFF-FX Extension 1 and Schema Extension 1

From: "McIntyre, Lloyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:15:45 -0700

All,
The following URL:
   http://www.parc.xerox.com/ietf_fax/
contains two drafts (draft-mcintyre-tiff-fx-extension1-02.txt and
draft-mcintyre-feature-schema-extension1-00.txt) for your review and
discussion during the IFax WG session of the Aug. London IETF meetings.

1. draft-mcintyre-tiff-fx-extension1-02.txt 
This is intended to represent the -02 draft version of
draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-extension1-01.txt, which was sent to the drafts list
for publication on Friday July 20th but arrived after the 17:00 USA Eastern
Daylight Time cut-off.

The main changes in draft-mcintyre-tiff-fx-extension1-02.txt relative to
draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-extension1-01.txt are:
a) a restructuring of the draft to change its context from being a narrative
on performing a text edit of TIFF-FX (RFC 2301 or a replacement RFC XXXX) to
a more self-contained structure, which must be read together with RFC XXXX.
This is consistent with the fact that RFC XXXX will not be modified by this
or any future extension. 
b) accommodation of the two new JBIG2 profiles under ITU-T Last Call
approval (July 28th LC closure).
c) accommodation of JPEGTables field to improve interoperability with
applications such as Photoshop 6.0 which always uses the JPEGTables field
when generating JPEG encoded files.

2. draft-mcintyre-feature-schema-extension1-00.txt
This draft defines extensions to RFC 2879 Content Feature Schema for
Internet Fax (V2) and requests registration of the new feature tags and new
values for existing tags. These extensions reflect the range of new TIFF-FX
Extension Set 1 capabilities (e.g. new resolutions 300x600 to 1200x1200 and
JBIG2 encoding) that were adopted by Group 3 facsimile during the period of
1999 through 2001. 

Lloyd

***********************************************
Lloyd McIntyre        [email-masked]
Xerox Corp., Xerox Architecture Center
3400 Hillview Ave. Bldg. 1
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Tel: +1 650 813 6762   fax: +1 650 813 6860
***********************************************