Subject: [IETF-FAX] Request for IESG Consideration for content-negoation I-D

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:50:18 +0900 (JST)

Dear Ned,
Dear Patrik,
Dear IETF secretary,

I am Hiroshi Tamura, a co-chair of IETF FAX WG.

The Internet Fax Working Group requests IESG approval for publication of 
the following document, with the specified status. 

....................................................................

Content Negotiation for Internet Messaging Services

draft-ietf-fax-content-negotiation-05.txt

Status: Proposed Standard

Summary:

  This memo describes a content negotiation mechanism for facsimile,
  voice and other messaging services that use Internet email.

  Services such as facsimile and voice messaging need to cope with
  new message content formats, yet need to ensure that the content of
  any given message is renderable by the receiving agent.  The
  mechanism described here aims to meet these needs in a fashion that
  is fully compatible with the current behaviour and expectations of
  Internet email.

Working Group Last Call Result:

All the points made by Minneapolis meeting are covered in the I-D.
The I-D was submitted for IETF-FAX WG Last Call on June 23.
During WG LC period, there were no comments. It sucessfully finished.

....................................................................

Best Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura
IETF FAX WG co-chair