Subject: Re: short notes from the FAX meeting

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:10:47 +0100

At 11:01 AM 7/22/02 +0200, Claudio Allocchio wrote:
>  - FPIM conformance require RFC2305 and RFC2532 conformance?
>
>as there was no clear opinion of those presents, there questions are now
>taken to the mailing list for final decsion.

My recollection was that Dave (the editor) suggested RFC2305/2532 
compliance would be required, and that there was no dissent.

#g

-------------------
Graham Klyne
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:55:52 -0700

>compliance would be required, and that there was no dissent.

That is Dave's recollection, also.

(To be specific:  I considered this requirement to be obviously necessary 
-- it is difficult to imagine how the new specification would operate, 
without conformance to its predecessors -- and so I presented this as a 
"default yes" choice.  This was intended to resolve this issue efficiently.

Hence, the position was that we would make this change, unless someone 
objected.  I do not recall hearing anyone object.

As but a lowly document editor, obviously I do not decide the decision 
process, and most certainly defer to the wise insight of the working group 
chairs on this matter...

d/

----------
Dave Crocker  <mailto:[email-masked]>
Brandenburg InternetWorking  <http://www.brandenburg.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.850.1850

---

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:48:15 +0900 (JST)

Dave, Graham,

Thanks for your comment.

> That is Dave's recollection, also.

That's right.

> process, and most certainly defer to the wise insight of the working group 

It is the dicision at Yokohama meeting.

If there is anyone that objects it, please do soon.
But, I do not think anyone does.

Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura, Co-chair of IETF-FAX WG
[email-masked]

---

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:47:31 +0100

> objected.  I do not recall hearing anyone object.

True ! ... but I just followed the rule "the decisions are taken to the 
mailing list anyhow"

:-)

... yes I'm a nasty burocrat!

:-)

Notes are there to be corrected and amended, is it?

thanks Dave!

Claudio

PS: other comments? addenda?