Subject: [Flexip] FYI: draft-king-irtf-challenges-in-routing

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 11:26:15 +0100

Dear FLEXIP community,

Hereby sending an FYI  about: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-king-irtf-challenges-in-routing/
"Challenges for the Internet Routing Infrastructure Introduced by Changes in Address Semantics"

This work is intended to capture existing and hopefully spur interest in ongoing and
future IRTF research activity on routing challenges related to addressing.

Please comment on [email-masked] if you have opinions/suggestions/comments  about this work,
and let that list especially know if you would like to see that draft presented at IETF110 mondays
irtf open meeting slot.

Why address flexip with this ? I think that a lot of the actual semantic of the processing we
may want to carry via protocols with flexible addressing would have to come from research into
those semantics before good engineering for its encoding could commence. Therefore it is IMHO
quite important to se how/what areas of current or interesting future researh there is that could
ultimately lead to being used within a flexip packet encoding.

Of course, feel free to reach out to the authors and/or me if you have interest to contribute/participate
or otherwise discuss outside a list.

Thanks
    Toerless