Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-anderson-forces-arch-01.txt

From: "Yang, Lily L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 23:12:51 -0700

Hi, all --
We submitted version 01 of the framework draft last week after a major
rewrite:
* added more description and diagrams to illustrate different physical
configuration examples of ForCES CE/FE.
* added examples of FE topology.
* restructure the text to focus more on ForCES operation phases (pre- and
post- association, reestablishment, etc.)
* added examples to illustrate the handshake between CE and FE during these
operational phases.

please let us know what you think -- are these examples/diagrams useful?
Have we missed anything important? Any comments on the draft are welcome!

Thanks,
Lily

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 4:11 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-anderson-forces-arch-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : ForCES Architectural Framework
        Author(s)       : T. Anderson, L. Yang, R. Dantu
        Filename        : draft-anderson-forces-arch-01.txt
        Pages           : 20
        Date            : 14-May-02

This document defines the architectural framework for ForCES network
elements (NE), associated entities and the interaction among them.
The architecture defined herein is intended to satisfy the
requirements specified in the ForCES requirements draft [FORCES-
REQ].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-anderson-forces-arch-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-anderson-forces-arch-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-anderson-forces-arch-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 23:12:54 -0700

---

From: Alex Audu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 14:06:48 -0500

Hi Lily,

The current version is much improved. Great job! However, I'd like to point
out that when you distribute CEs and FEs, you create  CE<->CE, CE<->FE
and FE<->FE communication interfaces. ForCES  specifies CE<->FE
interface.  It will be nice if we also specify CE<->CE interface (could use
ForCES here too). This becomes improtant when you have different
CE boxes from different vendors controlling different FEs from also various
vendors in a provider's network, and these boxes have to  inter-operate.
(Sections  4.1 and 4.2)

Regards,
Alex.

"Yang, Lily L" wrote:

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject:
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>    ATT25595Name: ATT25595
>            Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>
>                 Access-Type: anon-ftp
>  Document Info:        Site: internet-drafts
>                        Mode: ftp.ietf.org