Subject: Re: draft-nait-forces-pap-00.txt

From: Alex Audu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:17:44 -0500

Hi Rachid,

I am trying to understand your draft a bit better. The Pre-Association
Protocol
provides an automatic discovery of the PEs. I am assuming this discovery is
to
be made by (or made known to) the respective local management (FeMgr, or
CeMgr).

Questions:
1) Assuming that CEs and FEs are not up yet, how does the CE or FE
    know what manager to send the INIT_CE or INIT_FE message to?

2) MODEL message: What does this do?

3) Section 6.1 Messages: I am having trouble reconciling the payload
structure
    defined in section 5.2 with the message payloads in section 6.

General comment:
This is a laudable effort. However, I think you are trying to automate what
comes easily with manual configuration. Having said that, we have to remember

what that manual process entails:  a basic point  is to have a configuration
table
that contains info as to which CE or FE  is to be managed by which CeMgr, or
FeMgr.  The table  could be manually populated. The CEs or FEs read this
table during restore to determine who their manager is. The managers also
read this table to determine what CE or FE they manage.

Regards,
Alex.