Subject: Re: NPF WAS (Re: ForCES model - other thoughts

From: "Yang, Lily L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:22:11 -0800

The ForCES FE model document is meant to be self-contained and so there
is no need to read NPF documents in order for you to understand FE
model. But many other people do care about both and want to make sure
the standards coming out of both IETF and NPF can work together. I don't
see anything wrong with that. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Forwarding and Control Element Separation
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jamal Hadi Salim
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 6:34 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: NPF WAS (Re: ForCES model - other thoughts

Lily> Thank you very much for your comments. I agree it is important to
Lily> keep NPF and ForCES aligned and anyone who is involved in both
Lily> forums has to shoulder that responsibility.

The NPF connection bothers me. AFAIK, the NPF has no liason with the
IETF. Their documents other than ones which are complete are only
accessible to members. Unfortunatley, docs which make more sense
have not completed that level yet.
Granted some people attending the NPF also attend the IETF, but it is
extremely difficult to follow arguements based on some closed documents.
Either the NPF makes exception or i strongly recommend we stop refering
to them at ForCES.
I am willing to keep the docs to myself and not redistribute it if an
exception is made.

cheers,
jamal

---

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:09:18 -0800

Lily,

I dont mean to be rude, but:
Easier for you to say because you can get access to the NPF docs.
I dont. Please dont tell me you havent looked at those docs or there is
no correlation happening with the model or that that the NPF model doesnt
get discussed in the model design team meetings.

All i am asking for is access to those docs be made available
or stop talking and corelating with the NPF.
I would really like the chairs to make a comment on this issue.
Otherwise i plan to raise this one level above.

cheers,
jamal