Subject: Re: [issue 7] HB msg

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:26:50 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Forwarding and Control Element Separation
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jamal Hadi Salim
>
> You definitely have a different opinion on this from what we have in
the
> draft

Why would we be discussing it otherwise???
my recollection is _you_ put it in the draft with intent we will revisit
and disscuss.
I sent the attached document back in October to accelerate the changes
to the original draft. Look at section 6.7 - I gave you a clear
opportunity to discuss this and didnt impose. Now its in the draft, is
the implication that it no longer holds?? Sounds almost like a lawyer
sneaking in fine print.

[HK] Jamal, lets not get personal here. This issue has been discussed by
the protocol team in context with the attached document that you sent
out in October. The emails that I forwarded previously (also exchanged
in October) were pertaining to that discussion. Based on that email
discussion, I was under the impression that this issue is resolved >> go
with the old approach for HB msg that we had in the draft. Anyways, you
are free to revisit issues...hopefully we will eventually reach some
resolution :)

There hasn't been much response yet, expect from Joel.

Regards
Hormuzd