Subject: ForCES Protocol Issue Resolution

From: "Putzolu, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:39:34 -0800

All,

The ForCES protocol has an issues tracker at:

http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/forces/

Patrick and I would like the working group to begin resolving
the open issues currently listed with the protocol. As such,
we would like to utilize the following process:

For each issue, determine whether it is already addressed in
the protocol draft.  If yes, treat the issue as a change request.
If no, treat it as a new feature request.

For change requests, determine if there is a consensus to
make the requested change. If the consensus is to not change
it, mark the issue as closed and stay with the current draft.
If the consensus is that a change is needed or at least more
discussion is needed, then we will drive the issue on the list
through a discussion.

For new features, identify at least one issue owner and ask 
them to put forth a proposal within a reasonable time frame.
Others may put forth alternative proposals. Review & select
a proposal (or choose to do nothing) after the proposals are
in.  If no proposals are put forth, do not add the feature.

We will kick off the process later this week. In the meanwhile,
I urge people to familiarize themselves with the current issues
list and add or correct any issues as needed.

-David