Subject: Model document

From: "Deleganes, Ellen M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:01:43 -0800

I am starting to look at the FE model document. To start, I've removed
the LFB class definitions and have them in a separate document. If you
would like for me just to post the class definitions to the reflector,
I'll do so. Currently, they are in a word document, but can be converted
to a .txt file. While doing so, I noticed that the previous section in
the model document is titled "Model and Schema for LFB Classes". I think
it would make sense to put the schema with the document describing the
LFB class definitions. At least some description of the model should
probably remain with the model document. Anyone have comments about
this? 

The outstanding tasks the model team had for this document last summer
are as follows:

* Harmonize sections 4 & 5 to use a similar textual and organizational
approach (Joel and Zsolt were to agree on an approach and to update
their sections as needed) 
* Put a total view of the schema in one place (Joel and Zsolt)
* Clean up the overall text (Ellen)
* Address comments/issues from the reflector (All)

The main reason that the model team held off taking the draft to last
call this year was to wait for the protocol draft to get a little more
stable. We wanted to make sure the model draft stayed synchronized with
the protocol draft. Now that the issues are settling down, we should
make sure that we make forward progress again.

Regards,
Ellen Deleganes

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:03:10 -0500

I believe that the schema needs to remain in the base model
document.  There will (I expect) be multiple LFB Class library
documents.  The one we produce will only be the first.  So it will work
much better if the schema is in once place, referenced by all the library
docs.  The model doc is the obvious place to do that.

When we work over the schema, one thing we have to do is add the
identifiers to be used by the protocol.

Yours,
Joel

---

From: Zsolt Haraszti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 17:01:17 -0500

I agree with Joel, the schema should stay in the model document.

Joel, I will reload my cache in a few days and will make an
attempt to augment the schema with the right IDs.  There were
a couple of other changes we wanted (e.g., x-referencing some
attributes and capabilities) too.

/zsolt

--
Zsolt Haraszti                Phone:  +1 919-765-0027/2017
Modular Networks              Mobile:      +1 919-522-2337
                              Email:  [email-masked]