Subject: Re: [issue3] feedback section 6.4

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:36:04 -0800

My comments on this one below... 

-----Original Message-----
From: Forwarding and Control Element Separation
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jamal Hadi Salim

"The ForCES query and query response messages are used for one ForCES
   element (CE or FE) to query other ForCES element(s) for various kinds
   of information. "

Isnt everything an LFB? Why not say that its for querying LFBs? [Agreed]

- 6.4.1  Query Message

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|    Type = GET                 |               Length          |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                        Path(or Attribute ID?)                 |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                            Query Data                         |
                                                              .
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Should really be:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|    Type = GET                 |               Length          |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                        Path to queried data                   |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

[Yes, in general...except in case of content/key based quering...in that
case you need some additional data...may be its part of the path, not
sure about that ?]

- 6.4.2  Query Response Message

I think the deviation from the norm in laying out the response
will make it more programming work. 
Looking at main header one should be able to tell how to parse the 
contents and what they mean.

[I don't think there is any deviation here, its just needs to be written
in a consistent fashion...Weiming what do you think? This is just
editorial change I think]

Regards
Hormuzd

---

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:22:03 -0500

> - 6.4.1  Query Message

"Path to queried data" should cover all sorts of querying schemes
(including content based).

Actually, instead of Type = GET i think it should read Operation = GET
Or maybe even Operation/Type = GET. This applies to all sections
in 6.2.x
 
> editorial change I think]

Response oughta be:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|  Type/Operation = GET         |               Length          |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                        Path Data                              |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

We should be able to safely assume we are going to resolve how path-data
looks like and not have any place holders here.

cheers,
jamal