Subject: Re: [issue5] feedback on section 6.5

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:01:29 -0800

My comments inline below... 

-----Original Message-----
From: Forwarding and Control Element Separation
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jamal Hadi Salim

- 6.5  Event Notification and Response Messages

"An event definition
   made by ForCES protocol, ForCES FE model, or by vendors will state if
   the event needs subscription or not."

Events will be defined in the XML as attributes; i.e they will have a
path to them that can be used by the config message to subscribe to.
I think it is important to at least say that. [Agreed]

- 6.5.1  Event Notification Message

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|    Type = REPORT              |               Length          |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                        Path(or Event ID?)                     |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                            Event Data                         |
.                                                               .
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Should be:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|    OPER = REPORT              |               Length          |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                        Path and  Data                         |
.                                                               .
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

[I think both these are equivalent, the above one seems more
detailed...what would you say is the main difference between these two
?]

Regards
Hormuzd

---

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:22:11 -0500

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 20:01, Khosravi, Hormuzd M wrote:

BTW, I am hoping Avri is noting this - or we should somehow be sending
this to the tracker.

> - 6.5.1  Event Notification Message

The second one has path and data without trying to describe how it looks
like. Thats still an issue under discussion,.
The comment about type/operation=REPORT applies
Also, is "REPORT" really needed?
We already have the main header saying this is an event.
Why wouldnt be the real operation that happened be used here?
Example ADD/DEL etc?

cheers,
jamal