Subject: Re: LFB library draft

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 23:05:46 -0700

Joel,

If I remember correctly the original FE Model draft that Lily was
editing did have a bunch of LFB definitions, an initial LFB library of
sorts. The plan was to move this content to a different draft and add
more details to it.

Do you have the starting draft with the content from the original FE
Model draft? That would be a good starting point and then the WG/authors
can start refining the content...but a starting draft would be helpful.

Let me know if I am off track here,

Thanks
Hormuzd

-----Original Message-----
This relates to a larger question for the list...
We NEED an LFB library.
Please!
To do this, we need folks to actually write definitions of LFBs.
(I think we have an editor who is likely to be willing to pull things 
together.  At least I hope so.)
There are a lot of LFBs that need writing.
If this WG doesn't start producing them, it won't happen.

Yours,
Joel

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 08:03:29 -0400

There were descriptions for several LFBs.  None of them were 
definitions.  Some of them were wrong.  Some were probably the wrong 
thing.  Some were right.
I would recommend that rather than going back and digging those out, we 
start a process to get a good set of definitions.
We will need to make a list of ones we want.
I am sure that will rapidly be larger than we can deliver.

Yours,
Joel