Subject: [issue61] Model XML Parsing

From: Evangelos Haleplidis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:29:23 +0000

New submission from Evangelos Haleplidis <[email-masked]>:

I report the inconsistencies found in the model draft concerning the LFB 
schema and the FE Object XML.

Also I'm attaching an lfb model schema and an FE Object xml, inside the 
lfb_feobject.zip, that have been validated.

For an XML parser I used XML Spy from Altova.

-------------
FE Object XML
-------------

1. Page 87

               <version>1.0<version/>

Needs to be changed to:

               <version>1.0</version>

2. Page 82

xsi:schemaLocation="http://ietf.org/forces/1.0/lfbmodel"
           provides="FEObject">

It must be changed to:

xsi:schemaLocation="http://ietf.org/forces/1.0/lfbmodel pathTo\lfbmodel.xsd"
           provides="FEObject">

3. Page 85

                   <typeRef>OctetSting[16]</typeRef>

Must be changed to:

                   <typeRef>octetstring[16]</typeRef>

=============================

-----------
LFB Model schema
-----------

1. Page 62

          <xsd:element name=φaliasφ type="typeRefNMTOKEN"/>

Should be changed to:

          <xsd:element name="alias" type="typeRefNMTOKEN"/>

2. Page 73

          <xsd:element name="contentKey" minOccurs="0
                       maxOccurs="unbounded">

Should be changed to:

          <xsd:element name="contentKey" minOccurs="0"
                       maxOccurs="unbounded">

3. Page 74

          <xsd:element name="derivedFrom" type="typeRefNMTOKEN"
                       minOccurs="0"/>

4. Page 76 and Page 78

                <!-- ref must refer to a name of a defined frame type --

                <!-- ref must refer to a name of a defined frame type --

The -- in the end MUST BE -->. By a simple copy-paste the -- and the > in the 
next line is not the same as -->.

5. Again the Key declarations:

The Key declarations must exist inside <element>s.

I. Page 74
         <xsd:key name="contentKeyID">
          <xsd:selector xpath="lfb:contentKey"/>
          <xsd:field xpath="@contentKeyID"/>
        </xsd:key>

It must be moved in page 73 just before </element>

So, the correction should be:

          <xsd:element name="contentKey" minOccurs="0
                       maxOccurs="unbounded">
            <xsd:complexType>
              <xsd:sequence>
                <xsd:element name="contentKeyField"
      maxOccurs="unbounded"
                             type="xsd:string"/>
              </xsd:sequence>
              <xsd:attribute name="contentKeyID" use="required"
                             type="xsd:integer"/>
            </xsd:complexType>
	         <xsd:key name="contentKeyID">
      	    <xsd:selector xpath="lfb:contentKey"/>
      	    <xsd:field xpath="@contentKeyID"/>
      	  </xsd:key>
          </xsd:element>

II. Page 74

        <xsd:key name="structElementID">
          <xsd:selector xpath="lfb:element"/>
          <xsd:field xpath="@elementID"/>
        </xsd:key>

It must be moved above again.

So the correction should be:

          <xsd:element name="derivedFrom" type="typeRefNMTOKEN"
                       minOccurs="0"/>
          <xsd:element name="element" maxOccurs="unbounded">
            <xsd:complexType>
              <xsd:sequence>
                <xsd:element name="name" type="xsd:NMTOKEN"/>
                <xsd:element ref="synopsis"/>
                <xsd:element name="optional" minOccurs="0"/>
                <xsd:group ref="typeDeclarationGroup"/>
              </xsd:sequence>
              <xsd:attribute name="elementID" use="required"
                             type="xsd:integer"/>
            </xsd:complexType>
	        <xsd:key name="structElementID">
	          <xsd:selector xpath="lfb:element"/>
	          <xsd:field xpath="@elementID"/>
	        </xsd:key>
          </xsd:element>

----------
category: Editorial
draft: draft-ietf-forces-model
files: lfb_feobject.zip
messages: 360
nosy: FORCES, ehalep
priority: Must fix
status: Pending
title: Model XML Parsing

___________________________________________________
Forces issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/forces/issue61>
___________________________________________________