Subject: [forces] Protocol Action: 'ForCES Protocol Extensions' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-forces-protoextension-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:23:41 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'ForCES Protocol Extensions'
  (draft-ietf-forces-protoextension-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Forwarding and Control Element
Separation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-protoextension/

Technical Summary

   Experience in implementing and deploying ForCES architecture has
   demonstrated need for a few small extensions both to ease
   programmability and to improve wire efficiency of some transactions.
   This documents updates both RFC 5810 and RFC 7121 semantics to
   achieve that end goal.

Working Group Summary

   The extensions are straightforward, and there was no difficulty in
   coming to consensus on all points described. There were suggested
   extensions for earlier versions of the document that were not 
   included based on discussions in the WG for the sake of simplicity. 

   We believe the working group is solidly behind this document.

Document Quality

   At least one implementation has validated some of the features
   described in the document.  

Personnel

   Evangelos Haleplidis is the document shepherd
   Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director