Subject: [forces] RFC 7409 on Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Packet Parallelization

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 18:31:44 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7409

        Title:      Forwarding and Control Element Separation 
                    (ForCES) Packet Parallelization 
        Author:     E. Haleplidis, J. Halpern
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 53906
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7409.txt

Many network devices support parallel packet processing.  This
document describes how Forwarding and Control Element Separation
(ForCES) can model a network device's parallelization datapath using
constructs defined by the ForCES model (RFC 5812) and controlled via
the ForCES protocol (RFC 5810).

This document is a product of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC