Subject: [forces] Closing the ForCES working group

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 17:42:19 -0000

ForCES WG,

With the ending of the WG last call for draft-ietf-forces-interfelfb the residue
work for ForCES is down to practically nothing and it is time to close the
working group.

Alia has agreed to AD sponsor this document through publication as an RFC, and
the authors of draft-ietf-forces-lfb-subsidiary-management tell me that it is
close to complete with just another small change needed, so Alia will also AD
sponsor that document when it is ready.

If further I-Ds emerge related to ForCES work then please contact your ADs to
see how best to handle them, and if there is a sudden up-tick in the amount of
ForCES work, I'm sure the ADs will be happy to consider whether reforming the WG
would be appropriate.

Can I take this opportunity to thank you all for your work in ForCES over the
years. You have been a small but diligent working group caring about the
technology and pursuing it to stability. Particular thanks to Jamal for being a
steadfast and trouble-free chair through thick and thin, to Patrick for his term
as chair, to DJ for stepping into the breach to help wrap things up, and to Joel
for his strong support as technical advisor.

I will leave the mailing list open for discussion of topics related to ForCES,
and (of course) the email archive remains available for you to consult.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 11:30:53 -0400

Adrian,

Thank you very much for all the effort you put over the last
two years during and since the re-charter. Your guidance
and more importantly patience is appreciated.

I will follow up with a WG status posting.

cheers,
jamal

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> forces mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces
>