Subject: [forces] IETF 92 ForCES status

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 12:45:19 -0400

Updates since IETF 91:
--------------------------------
* New docs published
-Model extension RFC7408 published
-Parallelization RFC7409 published

*Inter-FE document started publication process this week.
-Evangelos Haleplidis is the shepherd.

*Subsidiary management
-Completed implementation review. One more publication to be sent to WG
after IETF92. Hope to go to WG LC for SM before proceeding to
publication process

WG shutdown at IETF 92
----------------------------------

Formally happened as planned.
Adrian sent out the email on the 22nd(March/2015).
Too bad we didnt have the party that was planned!

Much thanks to Adrian Farrel for his guidance and perseverance
through both good and hard times.
Ross Callon before Adrian and Alex Zinin before Ross.

So What happens next?
----------------------------------

Mailing list and publications to continue.
Alia Atlas has agreed to sponsor the IFE and SM drafts to publication
which are the two outstanding items for the last charter.

There are a few drafts we plan to publish going forward, mostly LFBs
and mostly informational. These are based on deployment or
implementation experiences.
Known documents are:

1) Port LFB
2) Derived Port LFBs (inherit from port LFB); a few of these
probably all in one document.
3) L2 Bridge/switch LFB (including vxlan relationship)
4) IPv4/6 address LFB
5) ARP/Neighbor LFBs
6) IPv4/6 Forwarding
7) Various classifier + action type LFBs
8) Experience on implementing table manipulation and small protocol
extensions made to overcome some of these issues
9) Proxy CEs/FEs - challenges and current implementation experiences
10) A new TML based on QUICC

We hope to see most if not all of these in the next 2-3 months.

As mentioned by Adrian, going forward should any more work show up that
will require us to re-open the WG we will proceed to make a formal
request.

cheers,
jamal