Subject: [forces] AD review of draft-ietf-forces-lfb-subsidiary-management-01

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 15:47:18 -0400

Hi Bhumip, Evangelos, and Jamal,

Thanks for your work on this draft. As is customary, I have done my AD
review of the draft before asking that it go forward to IETF Last Call.

I have only a few quibbles, so I have advanced this to IETF Last Call.  It
is on the IESG telechat on Sept 3.    Please do respond and update the
draft during IETF Last Call.  As you well know, having authors who are
extremely responsive helps greatly with getting these final steps done.

Minor quibbles:

1) In Sec. 4.4.3, two of the capabilities are described as placeholders.
Can you please clarify what the expected standardized behavior is?  I
imagine that the capabilities are filled out as described - though with
unstandardized information.

2) In Sec. 4.2, could you please provide a reference to the syslog severity
levels?  For instance, the IANA registry (
http://www.iana.org/assignments/syslog-parameters/syslog-parameters.xhtml#syslog-parameters-2
) and/or RFC 3164 would be lovely.

3) In the Security Considerations section, a few words about why it is ok
to trust a CE to create a connection to another CE would be useful.

Thanks,
Alia

---

From: "B. Khasnabish" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 01:30:55 -0400

​Hi Alia,

Thanks a lot. Yes, we'll do the updates based on
your suggestions, and publish the revised draft soon.

Best.

Bhumip
​
​

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Alia Atlas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> 2) In Sec. 4.2, could you please provide a reference to the syslog
> severity levels?  For instance, the IANA registry (