Subject: Ftp-WG: MLST-07

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 06:43:10 -0400

I'd be happy to. Given a start, I might even add to them.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alun Jones [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, August 02, 1999 8:48 PM
To: FTPEXT Working Group
Subject: Ftp-WG: MLST-07 

At 09:38 AM 8/2/99 -0400, you wrote: 
The problem I see is that many of these facts have to be implemented in
wildly differing ways on different platforms, and moreover, each
platform
has their own gotchas. I'm beginning to think that a seperate document
on
implementing the FTP might be in order, but perhaps that's over the top
for
now.
<<<<

I've written a few paragraphs that I was thinking might eventually
become
an informational RFC on common mistakes made in FTP server and client
implementations, with some clues as to how to avoid them, and why they
are
mistakes.

Anyone want to take a look?

Alun.
~~~~

--
Texas Imperial Software | Try WFTPD, the Windows FTP Server. Find it
1602 Harvest Moon Place | at web site http://www.wftpd.com or email
Cedar Park TX 78613     | us at [email-masked].  VISA / MC accepted.
Fax +1 (512) 378 3246   | NT based ISPs, be sure to read details of
Phone +1 (512) 378 3246 | WFTPD Pro, NT service version - $100.
*WFTPD and WFTPD Pro now available as native Alpha versions for NT*