Subject: [gaia] Request for presentations for the October GAIA workshop in Cambridge

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 15:54:20 +0100

All,
   Thanks for those who have agreed to come to the 2nd GAIA workshop
in Cambridge on Oct 20-21 at the Cambridge Computer Lab. Marco Zennaro
from ICTP will co-organising this workshop along with me.

Now to set the agenda, we invite presentations (20 mins + questions)
on the following topics related to the goals of GAIA:

1/ Real World Deployments and Experiences
2/ Internet Architectural Challenges
3/ Future of Wireless
4/ Higher Layer Applications and Stack issues
5/ Economics, Regulatory, Capacity Building Challenges

Could you please email me directly if you are interested in presenting
with the title of the presentation please?

Lets keep a deadline for this (to accommodate those who are on
holidays currently) - how about by September 10th?

Thanks
Arjuna

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/

---

From: Jim Forster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 17:24:35 -0700

Arjuna, Marco,

I won't be able to attend, but would like to offer a couple high level metrics that I think are of primary importance to improving Global Internet Access for All.  

* Greater Internet geographic coverage
* Much faster Internet Access
* Much cheaper Internet Access

Some efforts might address these directly (faster and cheaper chips with lower power), while others might help indirectly (spectrum and licensing policy).

Jim

On Aug 15, 2014, at 7:54 AM, Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> gaia mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/gaia

---

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:57:57 +0100

All,
  Just a reminder if you are keen on presenting at the Cambridge
European GAIA workshop (Oct 20-21). I am updating the workshop page
with the current list of speakers who have expressed interest here
(titles are provisional at the moment):
https://sites.google.com/site/irtfgaia/home/gaia-2

Would be good to get some talks on the regulatory and social challenges too.

Regards