Subject: [gaia] Workshop on community networking infrastructures, Friday 17 9:30-17:00 CEST

From: Leandro Navarro <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 09:17:18 +0200

Dear all, we are organising a "Workshop on community networking infrastructures"

Tomorrow Friday 17 9:30-17:00 CEST

Public administrations, citizenship and enterprises are the three key players for the construction and management of any commons
infrastructure. This workshop will discuss how they can strengthen ties among these three actors to optimize a specific case of these
infrastructures, community networks. We will analyse tools ranging from governance strategies to implementation at deployment and operation
level, paying special attention to the optical fibre, a key technology for achieving the coverage and penetration targets of the European
Digital Agenda. Based on the experience and the work done so far, the conference has two main objectives: expand knowledge about this type of
collaboration and identify specific lines of action to make them more efficient in the future. With the ambition to achieve an overall
analysis, these challenges are faced successively from the point of view of governance, regulation, and its implementation, dedicating to each
block a total of one and half hour. To stimulate discussion and alleviate as many doubts as possible, each block consists of a panel of
an hour and a  half an hour open round of comments, followed by a pause. A round table will be a short presentation by each speaker and then a
debate between the speakers.

Program, details:
http://netcommons.eu/?q=content/workshop-community-networking-infrastructures

Live streaming: 
http://tv.guifi.net/

Organisation: UPC.edu, guifi.net, Pangea.org, netCommons.eu project
Support: BarcelonaActiva, Barcelona City Council.

You're welcome to join here or remotely !!

Leandro.
--
Leandro Navarro
http://people.ac.upc.edu/leandro	 http://dsg.ac.upc.edu