Subject: [gaia] IEEE Global Internet Symposium (GI 2017)

From: Gareth Tyson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 13:53:01 +0000

Hi everybody, GI'17 might be of interest to some people on the list...

20th IEEE Global Internet Symposium (GI 2017)

In conjunction with IEEE INFOCOM 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
May 1st, 2017
http://infocom2017.ieee-infocom.org/workshop/gi-2017-ieee-global-internet-symposium

The Global Internet (GI) Symposium is the flagship event established and
organized by the Internet Technical Committee (ITC), a joint committee of the
IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) and the Internet Society (ISOC).

The 20th IEEE Global Internet Symposium will be collocated with IEEE Infocom
2017. All relevant dates, location, and travel information are available from
the IEEE Infocom 2017 conference site: http://infocom2017.ieee-infocom.org/

The IEEE Global Internet Symposium aims to provide a top forum for researchers
and practitioners to present advances in Internet related technologies, and also
allow healthy debate about various approaches. For instance, how does a novel
solution compare, in terms of tangible metrics such as storage, latency,
bandwidth, manageability, resilience, and usability, with existing and other
approaches? So in addition to traditional research papers, and deployment
description papers, we encourage position papers, papers that compare proposed
approaches, papers that clarify and compare inherent differences between
competing technologies, and well-thought-through heresy.

The topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
 - Routing, switching, and addressing
 - Resource management and quality of service
 - Software defined networks and network programming
 - Content delivery and management
 - Distributed Systems
 - Energy awareness
 - Next generation network architectures
 - Distributed Internet applications including games, VoIP, and video conferencing
 - Online social networking
 - Peer To Peer networks
 - Novel applications and new paradigms
 - Internet measurement, modeling, and visualization
 - Large scale network operation and performance monitoring
 - Privacy and/or security issues on the Internet
 - Anomaly, intrusion and attack detection
 - Interface among networking, communications and information theory
 - Applications of network science in communication networks
 - Economic aspects of the Internet

Important Dates
Paper submission: 9 January 2017 @ 23.00 PST
Notification of acceptance: 22 February 2017
Final manuscripts due: 10 March 2017
Symposium: 1 May, 2017

Submission Instructions
Please submit your paper drafts via the following website:
https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=23034&track=82608

The manuscripts should be formatted in standard IEEE camera-ready format and be
submitted as PDF files (formatted for 8.5x11-inch paper). The reviews will be
single blind. The manuscripts must be no longer than 6 pages. The Program
Committee reserves the right to not review papers that violate these formatting
rules. Submitted papers must not have been previously published, or be under
consideration for publication elsewhere. All submitted papers will be reviewed
and judged on originality, technical correctness, relevance, and quality of
presentation. Please, use the standard IEEE Transactions templates for Microsoft
Word or LaTeX formats found at:
http://www.ieee.org/go/conferencepublishing/templates. If the paper is typeset
in LaTeX, please use an unmodified version of the LaTeX template IEEEtran.cls.
Do not use additional LaTeX commands or packages to override and change the
default typesetting choices in the template, including line spacing, font sizes,
margins, space between the columns, and font types. This implies that the
manuscript must use 10 point Times font, two-column formatting, as well as all
default margins and line spacing requirements as dictated by the original
version of IEEEtran.cls. If you are using Microsoft Word to format your paper,
you should use an unmodified version of the Microsoft Word IEEE Transactions
template (US letter size). Regardless of the source of your paper formatting,
you must submit your paper in the Adobe PDF format. The paper must print clearly
and legibly, including all the figures, on standard black-and-white printers.
Reviewers are not required to read your paper in color. Submission will be using
the EDAS system, the link for submission will be published here soon. All
accepted papers must be presented at the symposium by one of the authors.

Steering Committee
Marcelo Bagnulo Braun (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain)
Jun Li          (University of Oregon, USA)
Jaime Lloret Mauri (Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain)
Jörg Ott        (TU Munich, Germany)
Colin Perkins   (University of Glasgow, UK)
Stefano Secci   (Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, France)
Tilman Wolf     (University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA)

Program Committee Chairs
Radia Perlman   (EMC Corporation, USA)
Olaf Maennel    (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)

Publicity Chair
Gareth Tyson     (Queen Mary University of London, UK)

Web Chair
Ahmed Nafies     (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)

Technical Program Committee
Alia Atlas           (Juniper, USA)
Anja Feldmann    (TU Berlin, Germany)
Susan Hares      (Huawei, USA)
Charlie Kaufman (EMC, USA)
Andra Lutu           (Simula, Norway)
David Malone     (Hamilton Institute, Ireland)
Allison Mankin   (Salesforce, USA)
Jörg Ott             (TU Munich, Germany)
Cristel Pelsser (Université de Strasbourg, France)
Colin Perkins    (University of Glasgow, UK)
Debbie Perouli   (Marquette, USA)
Iain Phillips    (Loughborough, UK)
George C. Polyzos (AUEB, Greece)
Ioannis Psaras   (University College London, UK)
Chen Qian            (University of Kentucky, USA)
Matthew Roughan (Adelaide, Australia)
Stefan Schmid    (TU Berlin and TLabs)
Hiroshi Shigeno (Keio University, Japan)
Jessica Sorrel   (University California San Diego, USA)
Sasu Tarkoma     (University of Helsinki)
Dan Wang             (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong)
Ian Welch            (Victoria University of Wellington, NZ)