Subject: [gaia] open letter to EU policy makers + workshop on DIY and community networking

From: panayotis antoniadis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:48:52 +0100

Dear all,

Two points that require your immediate attention :-)

First, please spread the word about the open letter to EU policy makers 
signed
by more than 30 EU Community Networks and more than 35 supporting 
organizations
around the word. The joint press release is available here:

http://netcommons.eu/?q=news/open-letter-eu-policy-makers-community-networks

Second, if any of you plans to submit a paper for the technical 
programme of the
interdisciplinary workshop on DIY and Community Networking at IFIP 
Networking,
Stockholm, June 12th, please note that the *deadline for abstract 
submission is
today* and should be done through EDAS conference management system here:

https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=23331&track=83760

If you have any questions for the final paper (deadline March 30th) or you
want to submit an "experimental" submission, please let us know at 
[email-masked]

Also note that one of the keynote speakers will be Juergen Neumann 
(co-founder
Freifunk.net) and one of the themes to be discussed the bootstrapping, 
sustainability,
and growth of community networks.

Best,

Panayotis Antoniadis
http://nethood.org/panayotis/