Subject: [gaia] AFRICOMM Internet Measurements Workshop (Lagos, Nigeria): Submission Deadline Extension - 17 SEPTEMBER

From: Josiah Chavula <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 12:24:23 +0200

*Call for Papers*

*International Workshop on Internet Measurements Research in Africa*

 Aim of the workshop is to facilitate discussions around mechanisms and
challenges of measuring Africa’s Internet; to evaluate the breadth of
Internet measurements research and to formulate strategic directions for
such research in Africa; and to initiate and accelerate collaboration among
Africa’s Internet measurements researchers.

The workshop is calling for high-quality papers that are focused on
Internet measurements research in Africa. Papers are invited on topics
related to:

● End-to-end Internet performance metrics

● Internet topology characteristics, including peering and routing

● Application-level performance, including DNS, Web, CDNs, Cloud Computing

● Physical layer performance measurements, including for TVWS, WiFi, and
3G/4G

● Detection of middleboxes, censorship, and content filtering

● Data analytics for network monitoring, traffic analysis and network

● Network topology and performance visualization

● Internet access, use, and Quality of Experience (QoE)

Submissions should be made electronically as PDF in the Confy system: IMRA
track <http://confy.eai.eu/#conftrack-overview/conf/52446/cid/52366> .

Papers will be selected through a single-blind peer-review process.

Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings and will be
published in Springer digital library.

Important deadlines

Submission

17 SEPTEMBER 2017

Notification

1 OCTOBER 2017

Camera-ready submission

30 OCTOBER 2017

Conference takes place

11-12 DECEMBER 2017

*Submission Guidelines and Paper Submission:*

Please check the submission guidelines here: http://
africommconference.org/2017/show/initial-submission

All the papers should be in English and formatted according to the Author's
Kit

IMRA papers should be submitted into IMRA track
<http://confy.eai.eu/#conftrack-overview/conf/52446/cid/52366> in confy

*Publications:*

Accepted papers will be published in Springer's LNICST series and will
appear in the SpringerLink, one of the largest digital libraries online
that covers a variety of scientific disciplines, as well as in the EAI's
own EU Digital Library (EUDL). LNICST volumes are submitted for inclusion
to leading indexing services, including DBLP, Google Scholar, ISI
Proceedings, EI Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus.