Subject: [gaia] adhoc mesh routing based on transit pricing

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:48:59 +0530

Dear All,
  Hope you are all enjoying your summer break!

I am trying to figure out if there are papers I could refer to on work
related adhoc mesh routing based on transit pricing. Thanks.

Regards

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
University of Cambridge | Ammbr | GAIA Labs
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d
Ammbr:    http://www.ammbr.com

---

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 18:07:15 +0200

Hi Arjuna,

I only found this:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S138912861100377X

But if you find more I'd be curious as well!

Best,

Niels

-- 
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                     678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9

---

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 22:20:33 +0530

Thanks Niels..

Probably interesting to see if BMX7 could be extended to also use
transit pricing as a metric..

regards

On 15 August 2017 at 21:37, Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> gaia mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/gaia

---

From: Leonardo Maccari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 16:55:50 +0200

Hi Arjuna,

I know that BMX6 supported several metrics, and could be extended
without much work:

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=7300903

also OLSRv2 supports any metric as long as it is additive and directional.

best,
leonardo.

-- 
Leonardo Maccari, Assistant Professor @DISI, University of Trento
Tel: +39 0461 285323, www.disi.unitn.it/~maccari, gpg ID: AABE2BD7

---

From: max b <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 10:58:58 -0700

I believe babel could also be pretty trivially setup to accommodate transit
pricing as a metric:
https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-chroboczek-babel-routing-protocol-05.html#metric-computation-examples

If using babeld, I believe you could just adjust interface metric values
according to pricing, though the documentation isn't entirely clear about
how to properly set those values:
https://www.irif.fr/~jch/software/babel/

I've found that the babel-users list is pretty friendly and accommodating
to folks with questions about these kinds of things:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/babel-users/

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Leonardo Maccari <[email-masked]
> wrote: