Subject: [gaia] GAIA for North Korea

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:22:43 +0100

:)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-crisis-us-navy-seal-tweets-solution-kim-jong-un-nuclear-missile-testing-a7942756.html
-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
University of Cambridge | GAIUS Networks | Ammbr | GAIA Labs
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d

---

From: Rex Buddenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 10:16:51 -0700

On Tue, 2017-09-12 at 16:22 +0100, Arjuna Sathiaseelan wrote:
> :)
> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-crisis-us-na
> vy-seal-tweets-solution-kim-jong-un-nuclear-missile-testing-
> a7942756.html

Apparently one of the ways DPRK distributes its propaganda is by CD. So
the populace has CD players.  Getting caught with the wrong CD in the
player is a serious offense.  The trick is this: the players also have
USB ports.  The trick is to put the illicit USB stick and the orthodox
CD in the machine and then play the contents of the USB stick.  In an
emergency, yank the USB stick and what remains is completely legit. USB
sticks are fairly easy to conceal.  
    At least some of the external counterpropaganda groups have figured
this out and are busily smuggling USB sticks in.  Easier to hide than
cellphones.

(This from memory, but see Foreign Affairs article about 6 months ago).

b

---

From: Rafael Diniz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 10:02:13 -0300

MW (nighttime) and HF radio broadcast is a good choice the send content
to DPRK. Of course, as soon jamming starts, you should change the frequency.

Rafael Diniz