Subject: [gaia] Fwd: [ciresearchers] Fwd: [liberationtech] Michael Gurstein

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 10:44:02 +0100

Sad news..
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Doug Schuler" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Oct 2017 2:47 am
Subject: [ciresearchers] Fwd: [liberationtech] Michael Gurstein
To: "Ciresearchers" <[email-masked]>
Cc:

Sorry if this has already been noted but sadly it looks like one of
pioneers, Michael Gurstein, has died.

I don't know any of the details but it seems obvious that we should honor
Michael's important contributions in some way.

— Doug

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yosem Companys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 1:49 PM
Subject: [liberationtech] Michael Gurstein
To: Liberation Technologies <[email-masked]>

From: David Allen <[email-masked]>

We have lost Michael Gurstein: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Michael_Gurstein.

A really monumental loss.

As will be seen elsewhere, Michael died last week.

Michael was one of the true giants of our world.  No one will replace
hime.  He will be so sorely missed.

(When I learned he was ill, I had a conversation with him.  He was in
terrific form, with a fighting spirit.)

We might think about something appropriately memorializing.

David

--
Liberationtech is public & archives are searchable on Google. Violations of
list guidelines will get you moderated: https://mailman.stanford.edu/m
ailman/listinfo/liberationtech. Unsubscribe, change to digest, or change
password by emailing the moderator at [email-masked].

To unsubscribe (subscribe) send an email to: [email-masked] with the
message unsub (sub) ciresearchers