Subject: [gaia] Computing and Social Good 2018 Preliminary Call for Papers

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 23:19:19 +0000

All -

Note that the ACM DEV has now been rechristened into ACM SIGCAS
Conference on Computing and Social Good. Please consider submitting -
the conference needs our community's support.

------
Computing and Social Good 2018

San Francisco, California | 20-22 June 2018

Preliminary Call for Papers

The first annual ACM SIGCAS Conference on Computing and Social Good
(CSG2018) invites submissions of Full Papers for the conference to be
hosted at Facebook from June 20-22, 2017.  CSG2018 is a re-creation of
the ACM DEV conference, which was held annually between 2010 and 2016.
The new conference expands the focus of the original conference to
explicitly welcome work on underrepresented communities worldwide
and to include work on sustainability.    To ensure strong technical
contributions, the conference will accept papers based on tracks
corresponding to the computing areas they draw upon.  The tracks for
the 2018 conference are Systems, HCI, Data Science, Sustainability and
Applications.    The CSG conference will have a model of rolling
submissions, as has been adopted by several other top conferences.
As this is a transition year for the conference, there will be two
separate submission dates.  Papers submitted on the first deadline may
be given the option of revise and resubmit for consideration of
acceptance at the conference.

Important dates

January 12, 2018.   Round one deadline for submission of Full Papers.

February 16, 2018:  Round two deadline for submission of Full Papers.

March 2, 2018: Notification of decisions for Full Papers submitted for
round one.

March 30, 2018:  Deadline for resubmission of round one papers that
were not accepted, but invited to resubmit.

March 30, 2018:  Notification of decisions for Full Papers submitted
for round two.

April 13, 2018:  Notification of decisions on resubmitted papers of round one.

May 4, 2018:  Camera-ready of Full Papers accepted in rounds one and two due.

All submission are due 11:59 pm UTC.

This is a preliminary release of a call for papers for the CSG 2018
conference. As additional details are developed, this call for papers
will be revised accordingly. The deadlines for full papers will not
change, so researchers can start planning their submissions.   Full
papers will have a length limit of 10 pages. We anticipate that the
conference will have notes or posters; details of requirements for
notes will be announced later.

General Conference Chair

Ellen Zegura, Georgia Institute of Technology

Program Committee Chairs

Richard Anderson, University of Washington
Lakshmi Subramanian, New York University

Ellen Zegura, Georgia Institute of Technology

Notes Chairs

Kurtis Heimerl, University of Washington

Local Arrangement Chairs

Kashif Ali, Facebook

CSG Steering Committee

TBA

Program Committee

TBA

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
University of Cambridge | GAIUS Networks | Ammbr | GAIA Labs
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d