Subject: [gaia] Community networks and local access monthly newsletter

From: Carlos Rey-Moreno <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 08:21:46 +0200

(apologies for cross-posting)

Hi all,

If you are interested in keeping up to date with news and information
around community networks and local access, we invite you to subscribe to
the local access newsletter that the Association for Progressive
Communications (APC) will launch in December 2017.

The purpose of this newsletter is to provide monthly updates on news and
reports, calls for grants, fellowships and awards, and information on
events around community networks and local access.

There are a great many news items and reports about innovations in low-cost
communication technologies, locally owned and managed communication
infrastructure systems, case studies on community networks in the global
South, updates on regulatory changes (at the global, national and
sub-national levels), announcements of funding opportunities, calls for
events, and so on, that are shared in different mailing lists, Twitter
feeds and other channels. Our aim is to crowdsource this information and
bring it all together in one place on a monthly basis, so that we can share
it with everyone who wants to stay up to date on this increasingly critical
topic.

We believe that a better informed community of practitioners could make a
significant contribution to the implementation and operation of more
resilient locally owned telecommunications infrastructure.

If you are interested in receiving the newsletter, please click here:
https://crm.apc.org/content/local-access-subscription

If you have information on the topic that you would like us to include in
the newsletter, please share it with us at [email-masked]

best,

carlos

-- 

Carlos Rey-Moreno, PhD
“Community access networks: how to connect the next billion to the
internet” Project Coordinator
Association for Progressive Communications
Cel: +27 (0) 76 986 3633
Skype: carlos.reymoreno Twitter: Creym