Subject: [Geojson] new issues

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 17:56:20 +0100

hello.

we are making good progress on closing open issues. however, i have 
opened three new ones for some clarification, but they are all 
editorial, just raising questions if some things in the spec maybe could 
be said a little more clearly.

https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues/147 "Is a 
FeatureCollection a set or a sequence?"

https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues/148 "Why is 
"GeometryCollection" a "Geometry" object?"

https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues/149 "Add explanation of 
feature vs. geometry"

please have a look and pitch in, if you have an opinion.

thanks and cheers,

dret.

-- 
erik wilde | mailto:[email-masked] |
            | http://dret.net/netdret    |
            | http://twitter.com/dret    |

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 06:08:15 +1100

> please have a look and pitch in, if you have an opinion.

I notice that a lot of discussion is happening on github.  Since these
are largely editorial, that's OK.  But if someone wants to open a
thread here on something more substantial, please do so.

---

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 23:21:04 +0100

hello.

> thread here on something more substantial, please do so.

true, and my apologies for this. it's just so much more convenient to 
follow github's "just respond by email" model. while #147, #148, and 
#149 are editorial (no change in GeoJSON semantics), #150 is a bit 
different.

#150 proposes to allows "id", which currently is only allowed to be used 
for "Feature" objects, to be allowed on all GeoJSON objects. the idea 
behind this is that anybody who is using GeoJSON in webby ways might 
want to include identifiers in representations, and if we tell people 
that they SHOULD use an "id" member (as we're saying for "Feature" 
objects right now), then the results of people trying to represent 
identity in GeoJSON representations become more predictable.

cheers,

dret.