Subject: Forwarding message sent to geopriv-request address

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:41:40 -0800 (PST)

Subject: Basic types of location data types
From: Dante Castiglione <[email-masked]>
To: lista GeoPriv <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:44:51 -0300

Hi all,

I have been reading draft-cuellar-geopriv-reqs-00.txt and, first of all,
congratulations to the authors. I guess that it is clear and that it
represents the discussions that have taken place in the list.

Also I would like to comment on an specific item, that is, the basic
location data types. What worries me is this specific location data type,
one that is not yet formally specified, but each time that it appears it
does so in the following format:

"country, state, province, city, street, street number, building, floor,
room"

In our work building a GIS tool, we have found out this to be incomplete.
The group:

"country, state, province, city"

does not make it certain that the next item, "street", will be unique. And
if "street" is not unique inside of "city" then there is a problem (a big
one).

We found out that one better way to do this is using this format:

"country, state, province, city, area"

and "area" must be given any other name, but it should exist, because inside
'official' cities, you can find two streets with the same name, at least in
many countrys.

So a good format for a location may be:

"country, state, province, city, area, street, street number, building,
floor, room"

remembering that "area" can have other name.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,

Dante

Dante Castiglione
Presidente
UBICAT S.A.

[email-masked]
ICQ: 49465083
www.ubicat.com