Subject: RE: Potential Location Summit

From: Cuellar Jorge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:34:47 +0200

Dan,

I believe that a mutual understanding and a harmonization of the
requirements and methods between the IETF, LIF and other groups
interested in Location Services would be most favorable for all.
To say the least, I am quite interested in understanding what other 
groups are doing.

I would be very interested in attending the Location Summit as a
private person, not as some kind of geopriv representative, or leader,
or anything. I also would be happy if other people of geopriv would
attend the Summit.  I would be willing to present the ideas in the
geopriv drafts.  I would also be prepared to discuss any technical
matters on our or your proposals.

Best regards, 

Jorge

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Greening [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 7:03 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FW: Potential Location Summit

Geopriv folks,

LIF and OMA (Open Mobile Architecture group) are interested in putting
together a location summit sometime in the next few months.  We are
interested in seeing whether IETF Geopriv group could participate, and
who might represent that group.

I admit to being somewhat clueless about the organizational structure of
IETF Geopriv, so could your fearless leader respond to this email and
let me know whether you'd be interested in attending and who might be
the most appropriate representative?

Thanks.

Dan Greening, Ph.D.  CEO, BigTribe Corporation 
              330 Townsend Street, Suite 209, San Francisco, CA
94107-1662 
              [email-masked]  +1(415)995-7151  fax 995-7155

-----Original Message-----
From: Byrnes Greg-FGB020 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 8:47 AM
To: Dan Greening
Subject: Potential Location Summit

Dr. Greening,

Here is an overview on the thoughts of a possible location summit.  The
goal
of which would be sharing information between organizations that are
currently working in the location space.  We theorized that each group
would
be allocated a time to provide a briefing on their location activities
which
would include the following:

- Objectives
- Vision
- Ongoing Activities
- Strategies
- Roadmaps
- Current Relationships

This would then be followed by a group discussion to identify overlaps,
duplicate efforts and gaps.

Here is a draft list of potential invitees to the summit.  We would be
willing to include other organizations if you think they would add
value.

- GSMA
- WAP Forum
- W3C
- 3GPP
- 3GPP2
- CDG
- LIF
- IETF
- Parlay
- OGC

Keep in mind that this meeting is in the formation phase and we have not
even come close to working out all of the
details (such as the legal ramifications of having such a meeting, NDA's
etc).  So see what you can do in talking with the two organizations that
you
agreed to talk to.

Thanks for helping,
Greg

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:20:24 -0500

>Dan,
<snip>

>matters on our or your proposals.

I also would like to attend as an individual participant - depending on
when and where. Does anyone have a idea on dates/locations?

>-----Original Message-----

*************************************
"People generally demand more respect for their own rights than they are
willing to allow for others"

James M. Polk
Senior Consulting Engineer
Office of the CTO

Cisco Systems
2200 East President George Bush Turnpike 
Richardson, TX  75082 USA
w) 972.813.5208
f)  972.813.5280
www.cisco.com