Subject: [Geopriv] Supported Permissions

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:54:45 +0100

Hi Jonathan, 
Hi all, 

in section 5 of the xcap-authz draft so-called "supported permissions" are
described. if i understood them correctly then their purpose is to allow the
entity which creates the rules to dynamically determine the current version
of the xcap-authz policies (i.e., which xml attributes are understood by the
server). 

it is certainly important to think about extensibility of the authorization
policies. in geopriv we have also thought a little about these issues. have
you thought about other mechanisms for determining the version? maybe there
are simpler mechanisms. 

looking at the example in section 5.6 i had the impression that you also
combine the authorization policies with the actual data. i think that some
information is missing in the xml schema (and in the example) to be
complete. in any case i think that they should be separated. please correct
me if i misunderstood your intention.  

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv