Subject: [Geopriv] What was conclusion to <provided-by>?

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:22:08 -0600

All

As few things "stand still" or "are in a vacuum".... I'd like to know what 
the conclusion was to our <provided-by> discussions. I understand what Ted 
stated in his last email - but feel the pressure is not just about getting 
a workable protocol document out, but one that is usable. The Emergency 
case is one of (if not "the") first uses of our LO, and there is a function 
that's desired that is in dispute

	<provided-by>

I would like to know the status or progress of this element into the LO.

BTW - I feel, even if it's written right now and posted tomorrow, anything 
"Phase II" will be more than a year away from going to the IESG.... so I'm 
less than enthused to gracefully let this feature slide out.

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Abbott, Nadine B." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:15:40 -0500

James and all,

Andy had suggested a possible alternative of 

<provided-by> <nena> abc-123 </nena> </provided-by>

Where abc-123 represents a NENA ID.

I think this could be an acceptable alternative from NENA's point of view
(although the contents should probably be defined as an alphanumeric string
of text rather than as abc-123).  I think I could provide you with a
reference to a NENA XML schema to be referenced here instead as an example,
if that would be helpful. 
However, if this would mean deferring inclusion of ANY identifier, it's
probably not a good idea. 

I think that the URL was proposed as potentially more
universal/internationally applicable form of <provided-by>.   

Nadine

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
James M. Polk
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 12:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Geopriv] What was conclusion to <provided-by>?

All

	<provided-by>

cheers,
James

                                *******************