Subject: [Geopriv] Revised version of draft-mahy-geopriv-sip-loc-pkg

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:36:40 -0700

Hi,

I updated draft-mahy-geopriv-sip-loc-pkg with new boilerplate and 
incorporated the minor comments I had received.

My main action item from the previous IETF was to figure out how this 
draft fit with draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance.  The current version 
of SIP Location Conveyance mentions an event package briefly, but does 
not define one.

In my opinion, the tricky part of making an event package for something 
like location which can be expressed as a smooth gradient, is the 
appropriate event filtering. The  event filtering is specific to 
geography

SIP will be a "using protocol" of geopriv.  I believe that geopriv 
should define this binding, and the corresponding event package.  SIP 
Location Conveyance can focus on new SIP requirements and mechanisms 
needed to deal with location in sessions created with INVITE (which is 
where most of the new requirements lie).

thanks,
-rohan 

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:33:35 -0500

At 09:36 AM 7/24/2005 -0700, Rohan Mahy wrote:

>SIP will be a "using protocol" of geopriv.  I believe that geopriv should 
>define this binding, and the corresponding event package.

hmmmm.... I agree with the tricky part of combining this ID with the SIP 
Location ID - as I've not discovered a graceful way to incorporate it to 
date - but I'm not sure the work ought to go outside the SIP WG yet, if 
ever, as this is contrary to the DC meeting's agreement that anything 
related to Location in SIP needs to stay in the SIP Location doc. Allison 
was one of those that agreed with this.  Discussion should occur on this if 
that agreement is to change.

>SIP Location Conveyance can focus on new SIP requirements and mechanisms 

and MESSAGE and UPDATE and REFER and PUBLISH and OPTIONS and SUBSCRIBE and 
NOTIFY....  ;-)

and since -01 published, I have received a request with a new requirement 
to include the REGISTER Method

>-rohan

cheers,
James

                                 *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented.