Subject: [Geopriv] PIDF-LO and the presence data model

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:23:19 -0400

There doesn't seem to be any real specification indicating how exactly 
PIDF-LO and the SIMPLE presence data model interact.

draft-ietf-geopriv-pidf-lo-03 just gives an example, putting it in 
<status> within <tuple>. From the perspective of the data model, that's 
probably the least-liekly place - tuples represent services and seem the 
least related to one one location, compared to devices (presumably 
always have exactly one location) and persons (one true location, 
despite attempts by people to be in two places at the same time).

If a user has multiple service (tuples), it seems odd to have one random 
one indicate a location, or, worse, two conflicting ones.

RFC 4079 describes general architecture, not really protocol bits.

So far, the Data Model draft doesn't mention PIDF-LO.

Did I miss a precise specification anywhere?

Maybe the data model should address this; I'm also happy to add this to 
RPID, but that seems more of a stretch.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv