Subject: RE: AW:[Geopriv] Quickrandomcommentsondraft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-00

From: "Marc Berryman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:28:18 -0500

We should not assume fire personnel are not familiar with their local
area. You would be surprised how rigorous some of the training exercises
they have. Most fire personnel know their area better than a London Taxi
driver knows Piccadilly Circus. 

If you are ever lost, ask a fireman, they give much better information
than anyone else.

Marc B

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Henning Schulzrinne
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 11:55 AM
To: John Schnizlein
Cc: 'GEOPRIV'; 'Marc Linsner'
Subject: Re: AW:[Geopriv]
Quickrandomcommentsondraft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-00

> If multiple reports of location differ, the emergency responder might 
> just want to know about it.

They don't add any value - it's just two places with supposedly the same

information.

> IMHO a fireman might want to know between which floors the mezzanine
is.

The numeric representation is essentially meaningless to outsiders. The 
visitor or fireman will have no clue that floor 1.5 means the mezzanine 
- it won't be on any door label, directional sign or elevator button.

> 
> RFC 3825, page 7:
>    This document defines a number; one must arrive at the number by

>    Sub-floors can be represented by non-integer values.  Example: a
>    mezzanine between floor 1 and floor 2 could be represented as a
value
>    = 1.1.  Example: (2) mezzanines between floor 4 and floor 5 could
be
>    represented as values = 4.1 and 4.2 respectively.
> 
> John

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv