Subject: [Geopriv] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: GEOPRIV PIDF-LO Usage Clarification,
                          Considerations and Recommendations
	Author(s)	: H. Tschofenig, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-00.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2005-7-5
	
   The GeoPriv PIDF-LO specification provides a flexible and versatile
   means to represent location information.  There are, however,
   circumstances that arise when information needs to be constrained in
   how it is represented so that the number of options that need to be
   implemented in order to make use of it are reduced.  There is growing
   interest in being able to use location information contained in a
   PIDF-LO for message and call routing applications.  For such
   applications to interoperate successfully location information will
   need to be normative and more constrained than is currently described
   in the PIDF-LO specification.  This paper makes recommendations on
   how to constrain, represent and interpret locations in a PIDF-LO.  It
   further looks at existing communications standards that make use of
   geodetic information for routing purposes and recommends a subset of
   GML that MUST be implemented by applications to allow message routing
   to occur.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv