Subject: [Geopriv] draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-context-00

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:41:58 -0500

Hi All,

As has happened in geopriv now for the last few meetings, we seem to
have far more drafts than there is time to discuss. So this draft, like
several others hasn't received specific agenda air time.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-context-00

During some lengthy discussions with the editor, chair and ADs quite a
bit of functionality from the original HELD draft was removed with the
intention being that:

1)    It could always be added back in if people saw a real need for it
to be in the base specification

2)    It could be provided in a separate document if it was deemed
useful later.

This document reintroduces the notion of context management on the LCS.
The scope of the context is not as broad as it was in the original HELD
specification, but again it is extensible so if people want to add extra
things to contexts they can.

The notion of the context with regards to this document binds a specific
HELD-provided URI set to a context associated with a specific device.
This allows the user to create the context for only a very short period
of time, for example. It also allow the user to void a specific context,
hence the associated URIs so that anybody that has them can no longer
access the location of the device.

I welcome feedback on this proposal.

Cheers

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv