Subject: [Geopriv] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: GEOPRIV PIDF-LO Usage Clarification, Considerations and Recommendations
	Author(s)	: H. Tschofenig, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-08.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2007-7-3
	
The Presence Information Data Format Location Object (PIDF-LO)
   specification provides a flexible and versatile means to represent
   location information.  There are, however, circumstances that arise
   when information needs to be constrained in how it is represented so
   that the number of options that need to be implemented in order to
   make use of it are reduced.  There is growing interest in being able
   to use location information contained in a PIDF-LO for routing
   applications.  To allow successful interoperability between
   applications, location information needs to be normative and more
   tightly constrained than is currently specified in the RFC 4119
   (PIDF-LO).  This document makes recommendations on how to constrain,
   represent and interpret locations in a PIDF-LO.  It further
   recommends a subset of GML that is mandatory to implemented by
   applications involved in location based routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 16:50:59 -0500

Hi All,

Some of you will have seen the notification for the PIDF-LO profile-08
draft.

Based on comments received in the WG last call, the following changes
were made to the document:

A new paragraph added to introduction to clarify the scope of document.
This addressed concerns raised by Jerome Grenier and Robert Sparks.

Definitions added for Method and Location Source. This clarified some
terminology concerns raised by Roger Marshall

Change of rule #3 to refer to geopriv elements rather than location
chunks. This addressed concerns raised by Jerome Grenier and Roger
Marshall

Added an example showing the posList representation for a polygon. This
shows the more compact polygon form and was requested by Carl Reed.

I have one other nit that I am sorting through with Robert, and then I
think we are done.

Cheers
James

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: GEOPRIV PIDF-LO Usage Clarification,
Considerations and Recommendations
	Author(s)	: H. Tschofenig, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-08.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2007-7-3
	
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv