Subject: [Geopriv] Updated draft-polk-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option-01.txt

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:04:35 -0500

Geopriv

I've updated the DHCP Option to deliver a LbyR URI ID.

The primary difference with -00 is I've added a section that 
illustrates some of the architectural assumptions James W. had a 
problem with this ID not covering from the beginning.  This ID is not 
an Arch doc, so it doesn't solve or create an architecture - but now 
lists some of the views that need to be addressed at some point by 
some layers in an architecture. These solutions IMO, are not 
necessarily all within the IETF's charter, and not necessarily all by 
new mechanisms (other than this one).

Comments are appreciated
James

>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option-01.txt 
>
>
>         Title           : Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol 
> (DHCP) Option for a Location-by-Reference (LbyR) Uniform Resource 
> Identifier (URI)
>         Author(s)       : J. Polk
>         Filename        : draft-polk-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option-01.txt
>         Pages           : 8
>         Date            : 2007-7-11
>
>This document creates a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
>    Option for the Location-by-Reference (LbyR) Uniform Resource
>    Identifier (URI) of an endpoint.  For example, an endpoint can be a
>    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) User Agent, i.e., a phone.  This
>    LbyR URI can be included in a UA's messages to inform other nodes of
>    that UA's geographic location, once the URI is dereferenced by a
>    Location Recipient.

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv