Subject: [Geopriv] I-D ACTION:draft-linsner-geopriv-adminspecific-00.txt

From: "Marc Linsner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:58:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Administrative Specific Elements for Civic
Location Format 
	Author(s)	: M. Linsner, S. Dhesikan
	Filename	: draft-linsner-geopriv-adminspecific-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2007-7-24
	
   This document defines additional civic address parameters for use in 
   Location Objects [1] and [4].  The format is based on the civic 
   address definition of PIDF-LO.  These addition parameters allow 
   expression of administrative specific location data elements. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-linsner-geopriv-adminspecific-00.t
xt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-linsner-geopriv-adminspecific-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-linsner-geopriv-adminspecific-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-linsner-geopriv-adminspecific-00.t
xt>

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:16:10 +0200

Particular for XML, why not define a namespace, so that names in XML can 
be descriptive, rather than be something like <as-23>something</as-23>. 
I realize that this approach simplifies mapping from CAtypes to XML, but 
I suspect there are better ways to deal with that. Namespaces were 
designed for exactly such extensibility purposes and maintain the 
labeling and validation properties and are more likely to cope well with 
accidental "leakage" across administrative boundaries. We don't want to 
introduce the equivalent of XML Address Translators (XATs), as NATs 
teach us that something that's meant to be local never stays that way.

If administratively-scoped CAtypes are needed, it may be better to 
follow examples of other protocols, by having an extension point and label.