Subject: [Geopriv] HTTPS Using Protocol / HTTPS Dereferencing Protocol

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:18:43 +0200

Hi all,

last year we had a lot of discussions around the protocol that is needed 
to dereference a LbyR.

Ted submitted a strawman proposal, see 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hardie-geopriv-https-strawman-00.

Henning and I got together with Ted to progress his draft. We, however, 
came to a conclusion on the direction (i.e., PIDF-LO Transport Protocol 
vs. Using Protocol). The working group went quiet and so did we.

Recently, James submitted a draft
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-deref-bcp-00.txt
and it reminded us about the document we wrote.

Based on short notice we decided to publish it to provide some input for 
the discussions.

Here is the document:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/draft-tschofenig-geopriv-http-using-protocol/draft-tschofenig-geopriv-http-using-protocol-00.txt 

One aspect we considered worth to capturing was the fact that if someone 
wants to use the authorization policies with HTTP then it is necessary 
to describe how the identities used in the HTTP security mechanisms 
actually match to the identity used in the authorization policy.

Since the document contains a number of open issues we see it more as a 
discussion input rather than a finalized proposal.

Ciao
Hannes

PS: Since we couldn't get a response from Ted we published it without 
his name. Nevertheless, the document had its origins in his earlier 
strawman proposal.

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv