Subject: Re: [Geopriv] HELD Emergency Text

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:46:09 -0400

Barbara,

I too agree that the text on ES sounds like -phonebcp stuff.

For location acquisition at bootstrap, I prefer securing a location that is ES-ready very fast since we can't predict when an ES call will be placed. if emergencyDispatch means wait longer, then I prefer asking emergencyRouting first and then ask for the other one. Of course the assumption here is that emergenctDispatch may take up to 30 secs to complete.

This raises other issues however. As an example, how the UA can  make sure both location always refer to the same place?

As you suggest, lets wait for this subject to appear on the ecrit list.

Guy Caron

----- Original Message -----
From: Stark, Barbara <[email-masked]>
To: Winterbottom, James <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue Oct 02 08:26:06 2007
Subject: RE: [Geopriv] HELD Emergency Text

Is this text intended for the HELD draft? Does some of it belong more in
phonebcp than HELD? Specifically, the last paragraph seems more bcp-like
than protocol specification.

For the last paragraph, I believe that any device capable of making
emergency calls that is making a HELD query to get its location at
system startup MUST do so with responseTime set to emergencyDispatch.

As for not using emergencyDispatch when making an emergency call, I
don't think this is quite right. I think we would want both an
emergencyDispatch and emergencyRouting query at call time. The
emergencyRouting value would be used for routing, and the
emergencyDispatch would update the currently saved Dispatch location.

If this is what we want it brings up a few other questions for me. But I
think those questions apply to phonebcp, and not HELD (which would mean
ecrit and not geopriv). So, I await other opinions as to whether
phonebcp will pick up the recommendations of the last paragraph.
Barbara

-----Original Message-----
From: Winterbottom, James [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 9:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Geopriv] HELD Emergency Text

Hi All,

Here is my suggested text for a HELD emergency section.

Cheers
James

One use of HELD allows a Target to acquire location information suitable
for use with emergency services. This includes both the requesting and
supplying of location information suitable for routing an emergency call
to the local PSAP, and location information to which emergency crews can
be dispatched. The following paragraphs describe how HELD is used to
request location information for use with emergency applications.

A request for location information to be used with emergency
applications MUST NOT contain an exact attribute with a value of true.
It is RECOMMENDED that a request for emergency location information not
qualify the location type in the request. The LIS MUST ignore the value
of the exact attribute if the responseTime is set to emergencyRouting or
emergencyDispatch.

The responseTime SHOULD be set to emergencyRouting where the location is
requested at emergency call time and being used for routing. The
responseTime SHOULD be set to emergencyDispatch if the location
information is to be used for providing direction to emergency crews. A
responseTime of emergencyDispatch MAY be used at system startup time and
periodically there after, but SHOULD NOT be used to request location
information at call time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------
[mf2]

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA625

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv