Subject: [Geopriv] RFC 6447 on Filtering Location Notifications in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:25:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6447

        Title:      Filtering Location Notifications in the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     R. Mahy, B. Rosen, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 36577
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6447.txt

This document describes filters that limit asynchronous location
notifications to compelling events.  These filters are designed as an
extension to RFC 4661, an XML-based format for event notification
filtering, and based on RFC 3856, the SIP presence event package.
The resulting location information is conveyed in existing location
formats wrapped in the Presence Information Data Format Location
Object (PIDF-LO).  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC