Subject: [Geopriv] draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-26.txt - Beyond here and now

From: Currer Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 17:48:42 -0600

Is there an IETF plan to future-proof geopriv policy’s scope?

Please consider the following examples - these reside outside a needed
geopriv scope:

Circa 2001, NNTP content is stripped of ‘closed-context’ newsgroup specific
discussion premise.  Content is converted to HTML and becomes overly and
overtly indexed.  Legacy NNTP access and search constructs become
irrelevant.  Now a ~1994 NNTP discussion within talk.abortion has search
engine indexing not only specific NNTP newsgroup context, but my identity /
location (by virtue of NNTP auth ([email-masked]) & date/time
stamped IP address.  How does the policy address this type of actuality for
legacy, current, and future application protocols / content / content
transformations?

In 2003, I modestly contributed to an IETF anti-spam WG.  While I embrace
IETF views on IPR within BPC 78 & 79, there is literally NO option or means
by which to make previous IETF contributions closer to “web
anonymous”.  Someone
looks up my name, and search engine effectively headlines my
[email-masked] profile as highly spam related, including 7
indexed results, all in some way related to a single 2003 IETF anti-spam WG
contribution.

Many regret how their name/image escapes specific application
config/preferences contextual protocol, to become widely visible on the
Internet.  Gaining ready access to publishers & re-publishers, willing to
retract / delete / modify sensitive personal information or views is less
than a standardized protocol – most often by design.  While I can place my
name behind most everything I state, I elect to opt out until consideration
for privacy re-gains critically lost constitution.

Currer.Anon.Bell@gm