Subject: grow: draft-ietf-grow-rift-01.txt just posted

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:18:36 -0800

Folks,

	I just posted draft-ietf-grow-rift-01.txt (of course, its
	not on the I-D repository yet; let me know if you want a
	copy before it turns up there). The part of the draft
	that has been substantially reworked is section 8
	(on Application Fit).  
	
	Now, since there are various points of view regarding fit
	on the design team, what I have tried to do is organize
	the section into a series of assertions and counter-assertions,
	in the hope of getting all (or at least most) the issues
	on the table; it is an explicit non-goal not to take a
	position on any of these points, so please point out
	any text that you might feel is doing so. I'm sure that
	the list of assertions and counter-assertions isn't
	complete (please add to/refine what I have); rather the
	objective here was to find a format in which we can
	discuss the issues. That being said, I'd like feedback on
	the style (assertion/counter), and of course, the content.

	Finally, I'm interested in people's ideas about better
	formats for section 8. Please let me know if you have
	ideas about this.

	Thanks,

	Dave
	
_________________________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow.html
web archive:        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/