Subject: grow: WGLC for Operation of Anycast Services (draft-ietf-grow-anycast-02.txt)

From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 04:47:45 +1100

Folks

         This note starts the WG Last Call for comments on
         draft-ietf-grow-anycast-02.txt, "Operation of Anycast Services".

         It can be found at:
         ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-anycast-02.txt

         Please review the document carefully, and send your
         feedback to the GROW list.  Please also indicate whether or
         not you believe that this document is ready to go to the
         IESG.

         This Last Call will end on 19 Nov 2005 at 0800 AEDT
         (UTC+11).

         Thanks,

         Geoff & Dave

_________________________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow.html
web archive:        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/

---

From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:21:30 +1100

Folks,

The WG Last Call for this draft to be passed to the ADs for AD and IESG 
review has now been completed, and there have been no postings in response 
to this last Call during the comment period.

Dave and I will not pass this document across to the AD with a request to 
publish this WG draft as an informational RFC

   regards,

      Geoff & Dave

---

From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:35:21 +1100

You know I really do try and catch typos between my brain and my fingers - 
I promise :-)

What I MEANT to type was:

Dave and I will __now__ pass this document across to the AD with a request 
to publish this WG draft as an informational RFC

but you all knew that, didn't you!

apologies, and I trust this clears up any momentary confusion,

   Geoff

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:00:15 -0500 (EST)

> to this last Call during the comment period.

Actually, there were postings during the comment period, against the draft.  
Apparently, you ignored them, and perhaps the postings did represent a minority
view, but I think you should keept the record straight and note that there were
postings against this draft.

		--Dean

-- 
Av8 Internet   Prepared to pay a premium for better service?
www.av8.net         faster, more reliable, better service
617 344 9000

---

From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:34:28 +1100

Thank you for your note

You are correct in noting that there was a set of postings on the 4th 
through the 7th November on this topic, and to keep the record accurate, 
these postings in the last call period can be found at:

http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/msg00426.html
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/msg00427.html
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/msg00428.html
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/msg00430.html
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/msg00431.html
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/msg00432.html
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/msg00433.html

To quote from the final message in this thread:

"I think you are being over-literal, and judging from the response (or 
non-response) of others I think your objections to this turn of phrase are 
not widely shared.

Note that the process we are participating in is one of rough consensus and 
not universal agreement "

I have seen no further working group postings on this draft during this 
last call period, and no observed working group consensus to create another 
revision of this draft.

Thanks for noting this,

regards,

    Geoff