Subject: grow: dmm standing down as GROW co-chair

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:18:17 -0800

Folks,

	After however many years its been, I've decided to stand
	down as GROW co-chair. The main reasons for this are that
	I wanted more time to focus on my IAB activities, as well
	as getting the nascent voipeer (speermint) working group
	up and running. I'd also like to find some time to spend
	with my family :-) In any event, it was a tough decision,
	especially given the somewhat turbulent history of GROW.

	I want to thank Vijay (my first co-chair) and Geoff for
	their fine work, and for the excellent job(s) that they
	have done as co-chairs over the years. I would also like
	to thank each of you for making the working group
	"work" (after all, you are the people who made it
	happen). Finally, I would like to thank David and Bert
	for their support and guidance. Oh, and I guess I'd be
	remiss in not thanking my wife for thinking up the snappy
	acronym. 

	All that being said, I will still be participating in
	GROW, and look forward to the new and interesting work
	that we will do. 

	Best regards,

	Dave

---

From: David Kessens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 18:10:21 -0800

Dave, Working Group,

We would like to thank Dave for chairing grow for such a long time.
Dave has contributed a lot to the ops area and I am glad that he will
stay an active IETF participant.

As for the future of grow, the current chairs and the ADs have decided
that we will continue for now with Geoff Huston as the chairperson. It
is our intent to find a new cochair for Geoff using the process that
we have used earlier in the dnsop working group. We wrote a profile
for what we wanted to see in the person who would take on this task,
ask for nominations within a reasonable timeframe, interview the
candidates that fit the profile best and make a selection.

However, our attention is going to be first on some other IESG tasks
that are on our plate and need to completed as well (for example using
the same procedure to find new chairpeople for mboned).

Geoff has told us that he has no problem to serve as a single
chairperson in the mean time.

Please let us know if you have any concerns or comments,

David Kessens & Bert Wijnen
---

> 	GROW, and look forward to the new and interesting work
_________________________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow.html
web archive:        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/