Subject: grow: Document Action: 'BGP MULTI_EXIT_DISC (MED) Considerations' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:00:21 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'BGP MULTI_EXIT_DISC (MED) Considerations '
   <draft-ietf-grow-bgp-med-considerations-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Bert Wijnen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-bgp-med-considerations-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
 The Border Gateway Protocol version 4 (BGP) has been in use in the
 Internet for a decade (or more) and is the primary vehicle for
 exchanging inter-domain routing information and for expressing
 policy. BGP specifies a MULTI_EXIT_DISC (MED) Attribute, which
 allows service providers to tailor inbound path utilization (by
 providing a mechanism for BGP speakers to convey to an adjacent
 AS the optimal entry point into the local AS). BGP MEDs
 function correctly in many scenarios, however, there are a number
 of issues which may arise when utilizing MEDs in dynamic or
 complex topologies. This document outlines implementation and
 deployment considerations that should be considered when
 deploying BGP MEDs.

Working Group Summary
 
 The GROW WG achieved consensus on this document. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
 David Kessens reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_________________________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow.html
web archive:        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/