Subject: [GROW] proposal for contribution to grow

From: dimitri papadimitriou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 00:06:22 +0100

Hi

During the GROW meeting, Ron mentioned the possibility of starting new
work items.

The proposal is to document causes for Internet routing stability
characteristics using data from operational networks. The proposed
approach is:

- Develop a methodology to process and interpret routing table data. For
example, a goal would be to be able to reproduce much of Geoff Huston's
work at other locations. We would document what to collect and how to
present it.

- Identify a set of stability criteria and how to use them to provide a
better understanding of the stability of the routing system. Other
working groups may find this beneficial.

- Enter investigation into the correlation between network stability and
protocol behavior. We believe this is a key point in understanding
global system behavior.

As a result, this proposed methodology would allow us, for example, to
cross-validate techniques for looking at improving path exploration
effects on routing system.

We would appreciate feedback from the GROW community.

thanks,
-jim and dimitri.

_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow