Subject: [GROW] New Version Notification for draft-raszuk-diverse-bgp-path-dist-00

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 06:35:07 -0700

A new version of I-D, draft-raszuk-diverse-bgp-path-dist-00.txt has been 
successfuly submitted and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-raszuk-diverse-bgp-path-dist
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Distribution of diverse BGP paths.
Creation_date:	 2009-07-05
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 20

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raszuk-diverse-bgp-path-dist-00.txt

Abstract:
The BGP4 protocol specifies the selection and propagation of a single
best path for each prefix.  As defined today BGP has no mechanisms to
distribute paths other then best path between it's speakers.  This
behaviour results in number of disadvantages for new applications and
services.

This document presents an alternative mechanism for solving the
problem based on the concept of parallel route reflector planes.  It
also compares existing solutions and proposed ideas that enable
distribution of more paths than just the best path.

This proposal does not specify any changes to the BGP protocol
definition.  It does not require upgrades to provider edge or core
routers nor does it need network wide upgrades.  The authors believe
that the GROW WG would be the best place for this work.