Subject: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-diverse-bgp-path-dist-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 13:34:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Distribution of diverse BGP paths.
	Author(s)       : Robert Raszuk
                          Rex Fernando
                          Keyur Patel
                          Danny McPherson
                          Kenji Kumaki
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-diverse-bgp-path-dist-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-06-23

   The BGP4 protocol specifies the selection and propagation of a single
   best path for each prefix.  As defined today BGP has no mechanisms to
   distribute paths other then best path between its speakers.  This
   behaviour results in number of disadvantages for new applications and
   services.

   This document presents an alternative mechanism for solving the
   problem based on the concept of parallel route reflector planes.
   Such planes can be build in parallel or they can co-exit on the
   current route reflection platforms.  Document also compares existing
   solutions and proposed ideas that enable distribution of more paths
   than just the best path.

   This proposal does not specify any changes to the BGP protocol
   definition.  It does not require upgrades to provider edge or core
   routers nor does it need network wide upgrades.  The authors believe
   that the GROW WG would be the best place for this work.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-diverse-bgp-path-dist-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-diverse-bgp-path-dist-04.txt