Subject: [GROW] Protocol Action: 'MRT routing information export format' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-grow-mrt-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:18:48 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MRT routing information export format'
  (draft-ietf-grow-mrt-17.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Global Routing Operations Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ron Bonica and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-mrt/

Technical Summary

This document describes the MRT format for routing information export. 
This format was developed in concert with the Multi-threaded Routing
Toolkit (MRT) from whence the format takes it name.  The format can be
used to export routing protocol messages, state changes, and routing
information base contents.

Working Group Summary

The working group spent a significant amount of time looking at and
reviewing this document.  Updates where made based on working group
review, and requests for clarification.  There was consensus from the
working group at last call.

Document Quality

Several existing implements exist for this document.  A new
implementation was written during the review process of the draft. 
Specificly Geoff Huston, attempted to write code based on the draft, and
drove some clarifications, and issues based on his work.  The industry
currently uses the protocol for export of the routing information.  In
addition different users are using the exported data as input for specific
applications.

Personnel
The document has been reviewed by Peter Schoenmaker (WG co-chair.)  Ron
Bonica and Dan Romascanu are the ops area directors.