Subject: [GROW] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-hilliard-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-00.txt

From: Elisa Jasinska <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 02:11:54 +0200

Hi GROW WG,

we originally introduced draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server in the GROW
WG, to cover the subject of route servers at Internet exchange points.
During the process we felt like there was overlap, in what would be more
fitting in the IDR WG, and hence the original draft has been split into
two parts: protocol specific topics and operational considerations.

draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server in its current version -03 covers the
protocol specific topics and will be introduced in the IDR WG.

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server-03

draft-hilliard-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-00 contains the
operational considerations, feedback on the document posted below would
be greatly appreciated.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hilliard-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-00

Thanks and best regards
Elisa

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-hilliard-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-00.txt
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:48:14 -0700
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
CC: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D,
draft-hilliard-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-00.txt has been
successfully submitted by Nick Hilliard and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-hilliard-ix-bgp-route-server-operations
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Internet Exchange Route Server Operations
Creation date:	 2011-10-25
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 12

Abstract:
   The growing popularity of Internet exchange points (IXPs) brings a
   new set of requirements to interconnect participating networks.
   While bilateral exterior BGP sessions between exchange participants
   were previously the most common means of exchanging reachability
   information, the overhead associated with dense interconnection has
   caused substantial operational scaling problems for Internet exchange
   point participants.

   Multilateral interconnection can dramatically reduce the
   administrative and operational overhead of IXP participation and is
   now used by many IXP participants as a means of exchanging routing
   information.

   This document outlines operational considerations for multilateral
   interconnections at IXPs.

The IETF Secretariat