Subject: [GROW] VA auto-configuration extension - draft-cheng-grow-va-auto-extensions-00

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:26:49 +0800

Hi,

I uploaded a draft
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-cheng-grow-va-auto-extensions-00.txt

This draft specifies VA auto-configuration extension operation, which 
includes 
the following two aspects:

1. VP routes are tagged specifically with a “should-install tag”. 
Consequently, in 
the scenario where all VP routes for a given VP are withdrawn, routers 
(include 
tagging routers and non-tagging routers) could detect the withdrawn VP 
immediately, 
and then implement the proper operation.

2. A popular prefixes list is configured on the tagging routers.  This 
list could be 
consisted of high volume prefixes, policy-based prefixes and static list 
prefixes. 
Customer prefixes mentioned in exiting mechanism could be considered as 
one kind 
of policy-based prefixes. Tagging routers should not tag routes whose 
prefix falls 
within this list.

Your thoughts and comments are welcome.

Best regards

===================================================================
  Li Cheng  成黎 　　　　 
  System Architecture Dept,Central R&D Institute,ZTE Corporation
  Addr: No.68 zijinghua Road,Yuhuatai District,Nanjing,P.R.China
  Zip Code: 210012 
  Email:  [email-masked] 
===================================================================

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.