Subject: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-private-ip-sp-cores-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 23:49:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Issues with Private IP Addressing in the Internet
	Author(s)       : Anthony Kirkham
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-private-ip-sp-cores-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-04-09

   The purpose of this document is to provide a discussion of the
   potential problems of using private, RFC1918, or non-globally-
   routable addressing within the core of an SP network.  The discussion
   focuses on link addresses and to a small extent loopback addresses.
   While many of the issues are well recognised within the ISP
   community, there appears to be no document that collectively
   describes the issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-private-ip-sp-cores-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-private-ip-sp-cores-01.txt

---

From: Anthony Kirkham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:16:10 +1000

All,

I'm very keen to know if we can progress this draft to WGLC? Comments 
please?

Tony K

On 10/04/12 4:49 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> GROW mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow
>
>

--

---

From: Nick Hilliard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 23:05:34 +0100

On 19/04/2012 06:16, Anthony Kirkham wrote:
> All,
> 
> I'm very keen to know if we can progress this draft to WGLC? Comments please?

I like the draft and would like to see it moved to WGLC.  No major
comments, but a couple of nits:

-  weil-shared-transition-space-request is now rfc6598
- the last paragraph in section 5 is sloppily worded.
- section 11, reword "to using private addressing, Such" to be "to using
private addressing; such"
- there are a couple of other incorrect capitalisations and instances of
incorrectly used punctuation marks.

Nick

>> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>> directories. This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations
>> Working Group of the IETF.
>>

-- 
Network Ability Ltd. | Chief Technical Officer | Tel: +353 1 6169698
3 Westland Square    | INEX - Internet Neutral | Fax: +353 1 6041981
Dublin 2, Ireland    | Exchange Association    | Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Anthony Kirkham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:38:43 +1000

Thanks Nick, I have incorporated all that feedback. I re-read it and 
fixed a few other instances of poor capitalisation. If there are any 
other nits, please let me know.

The only other issue I can see is an erroneous index which gets created 
by the XML conversion tool. If anyone has any thoughts on how to change 
or remove it, I'd appreciate the advice.

Tony K

--