Subject: [GROW] Last Call: <draft-ietf-grow-bgp-session-culling-04.txt> (Mitigating Negative Impact of Maintenance through BGP Session Culling) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 09:28:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Global Routing Operations WG (grow)
to consider the following document: - 'Mitigating Negative Impact of
Maintenance through BGP Session Culling'
  <draft-ietf-grow-bgp-session-culling-04.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-09-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document outlines an approach to mitigate negative impact on
   networks resulting from maintenance activities.  It includes guidance
   for both IP networks and Internet Exchange Points (IXPs).  The
   approach is to ensure BGP-4 sessions affected by the maintenance are
   forcefully torn down before the actual maintenance activities
   commence.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bgp-session-culling/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bgp-session-culling/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc4271: A Border Gateway Protocol 4 (BGP-4) (Draft Standard - IETF stream)