Subject: Re: [GROW] [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-05.txt - WG LC []6/9/2019 to 6/16/2019] - extending this for a 3rd week (7/8 to 7/15)

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 15:46:19 -0400

IDR

The draft-ietf-idr-capabilities has reach a moderate working group consensus
and it will be sent to the IESG for publication. 

I want to thank the people who responded to my plea for additional response
from IDR (see below).  This an important registry change.    For those who
would like to send additional comments (support/no support), please continue
to send these comments.  

Alvaro and the IESG read these lists to see how strong the consensus is on
documents. 

Sue Hares 

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Monday, July 8, 2019 1:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-05.txt - WG
LC []6/9/2019 to 6/16/2019] - extending this for a 3rd week (7/8 to 7/15)

Greetings: 

The email list support for this draft did not receive as many comments as I
expected.   Perhaps, this lack of comments was due to vacations or due to
this idea "just making sense".  

Since one of the WG chairs is an author, I do need a strong sense of
support.  Please send in comments or just a comment for "support" or "no
support" for this draft. 

Cheerily, Susan Hares

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2019 1:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-05.txt - WG LC
[]6/9/2019 to 6/16/2019]

This begins a 2 week IDR  WG Last Call (LC) on
ft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-05.txt.  

The document is at: 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change
/

As registration document, there is no implementation report.  

Please indicate in comments to the IDR "support" or "no support" for WG LC. 

Consider:

1)      Does this change to registration procedures for BGP capability codes
help speed up processing? 

2)      Is there any technical or operational issue in making this change? 

3)      Do we need to pass this to the IESG at the same time as any GROW
document? 

John Scudder is an author so I am the shepherd/chair on this draft.  

Cheerily, Susan Hares