Subject: [GROW] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-extended-messages-33.txt> (Extended Message support for BGP) to Proposed Standard

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 15:17:53 -0700

FYI...

On July 2, 2019 at 2:30:07 PM, The IESG ([email-masked]) wrote:

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document: - 'Extended Message support for BGP'
<draft-ietf-idr-bgp-extended-messages-33.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-07-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

The BGP specification mandates a maximum BGP message size of 4,096
octets. As BGP is extended to support newer AFI/SAFIs and other
features, there is a need to extend the maximum message size beyond
4,096 octets. This document updates the BGP specification RFC4271 by
extending the maximum message size from 4,096 octets to 65,535 octets
for all except the OPEN and KEEPALIVE messages.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-extended-messages/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-extended-messages/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information:
rfc4272: BGP Security Vulnerabilities Analysis (Informational - IETF
stream)