Subject: Re: [fmc] PS draft

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:56:26 -0500

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:33 AM, Daniel Park <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
>
> Thanks for pointing the PS draft. I will go through this and get back to
> here with more comments.
>
> Glancing at the draft...
>
>  Figure 1 shows the assumed reference architecture of Fixed Mobile
>    Convergence Interworking for a Mobile (3GPP) Network and a fixed non-
>    3GPP access network as proposed by 3GPP and BroadBand Forum (BBF) as
>    an example in document [WT203].
>
> [daniel] ah...so you are very much leaning to the 3GPP perspective. Um.
> fixed network is non-3GPP access network and mobile network is 3GPP
> network. It seems controversial definition in IETF...In this assumption,
> 3GPP and Non-3GPP interworking would be clearer than FMC in my thought.
>

You are right, the draft is too 3GPP centric. We tried to make it more like
an IETF draft but we need to do more.

> Anyhow, I will take a look at the draft...
>

Please do so.

Regards,

Behcet