Subject: [Hipsec] Draft: ESP usage in HIP

From: Petri Jokela <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:54:56 +0200

Folks,

The ESP text is moved now from the Base specification into a new draft. 
The preliminary version 1 of this draft is available at:

http://www.hip4inter.net/drafts.php

Some notes:

The ESP setup and rekeying processes are defined as conceptual protocols 
HIP ESP Setup (HES) and HIP ESP Rekeying (HER). In a usual 
implementation, the contents of these packets is put in base exchange 
packets and UPDATEs, respectively.

The NES and SPI are proposed to be replaced with a single parameter: 
ESP_INFO.

Comments are appreciated. The intention is to make fixes during next 
week and submit the draft before the IETF deadline for -00 drafts (Feb 14)

BR, Petri

-- 
Petri Jokela                        Tel:    +358 9 299 2413
Research scientist                  Fax:    +358 9 299 3535
NomadicLab, Ericsson Research       Mobile: +358 44 299 2413
Oy L M Ericsson Ab                  email: [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://honor.trusecure.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec