Subject: [Hipsec] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-henderson-hip-generalize-00.txt

From: "Henderson, Thomas R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:08:34 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:11 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-henderson-hip-generalize-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Generalizing the HIP base protocol
	Author(s)	: T. Henderson
	Filename	: draft-henderson-hip-generalize-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2005-2-15
	
The Host Identity Protocol and architecture (HIP) proposes to add a
   cryptographic name space for network stack names.  This draft
   observes that HIP can be viewed as an instance of a more general
   migration towards decoupling identity from location in the Internet
   architecture, and shows how other proposals (mobile IP, multi6,
   mobike, and i3) fit into this framework.  We argue that if the HIP
   base protocol were to be slightly generalized, it might be useful to
   other related efforts and might allow more experimental flexibility.
   Specifically, an extensible identifier TLV, the ability to define
   usage profiles for the HIP handshake, and a relaxation of the
   requirements that specific HIP messages carry specific parameters are
   the three changes suggested.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-henderson-hip-generalize-00.tx
t

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://honor.trusecure.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec