Subject: [Hipsec] WGLC draft-ietf-hip-dns-03.txt

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:41:41 +0300

Folks,

we would like to working group last call the following draft. This 
working group last call will end on November 6th.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-dns-03.txt

Send your comments to this list.

Thanks,

Gonzalo
HIP co-chair

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:36:07 +0200

While being an author of the draft and therefore considering the  
draft pretty good, I'd like to get the WG's opinion on a few issues  
on the draft:

1. Is the introduction too long?  Would it be desirable to cut some  
text from there, and if yes, what?

2. Is the approach right?

Might it be better, for example, to define just a single new RR,  
which would contain the HIT, HI, and RVS domain name?  Given the  
current design, the resolve needs to send DNS queries for A, AAAA,  
HIPHI and HIPRVS in order to get all data it needs.  With the  
alternative design, it would first ask for HIPHI, and then based on  
whether there is an RVS name, A and/or AAAA of either the host itself  
or its RVS server.

3. Are the details fine?

4. Is there something unnecessary (beyond the introduction),  
something that should be left out?

--Pekka